Players I should've benched

Started by LaHug, August 14, 2011, 08:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Just a bit of a vent. Players I should've benched instead of I. Smith that would've won me my league game:
Selwood, Goodes, Chapman, Sylvia, N. Riewoldt.
Sounds like a list of premiums to me and they cost me my finals campaign (despite being 2nd overall in points).
Just shows how shower DT can be. flower this shower, I'm outta here for the year!

Chelskiman

I should have benched Riewoldt, Sylvia and Goodes for I. Smith, Yarran and Howe in my forward line.

Stefan Martin was horrible, so Puopolo should have been played.

Mids and ruck were good.

I won my match though so I can't complain.

Flame

Bad luck huggy bear..I should have played mzungu, Howe and poo! I won 3 out of 5!

plugz19

play talia over heppel and adcock
play howe over fyfe, sylvia, riewoldt
play dalhaus over sylvia and voldt

LaHug

Turns out I only lost by 22 points. Even playing I. Smith over Fyfe would've been enough.

Fireballz

2 late withdrawals = doesn't matter who I benched and who I didn't in the end.

Benched Sylvia over Mzungu which worked out well. But my fwd and def emergencies had to play anyway and can't complain about 72 and 81 from those guys. But still lost :(

Sleeken

Should've benched (or not had in my team) Hodge, N Roo, Adcock, Brennan, Selwood, Lecras. Thankfully I at least benched Sylvia for Mzungu. Still lost both games.

Nails

Quote from: Nails on August 12, 2011, 08:29:27 PM
Bench both play the Gu  ;D

Low score of 79 at Patersons.

That was me telling someone to bench sylvia AND N. Roo and play Gu instead...

I don't know why you didn't Huggy, it was quite obvious IMO...
Nick Roo playing the worst team in his career based on career average in a St. Kilda team that aren't at their absolute best

and Sylvia in rubbish form playing the 2nd worst team in his career,
in rubbish form after not even getting named last week (sub potential),
scored 65 in his last game at Etihad,
last time he played WCE he only scored 90 (worst game he had in a 6 game stretch)
(named in a forward pocket - yuck)

I. Smith in good form, average of 92.5 in his last 2 (sub affected 25 in a qtr ruins his 3 game)
Scored 89 last time he played Port and was Hawks were always going to Smash Port (similar to when they smashed GC and he scored 99)

Was a pretty easy call IMO, I benched Sylvia (would have benched Roo if I had another decent option) and played Smith and Mzungu

The signs were there if you did the research.

fertalong

Lost my main league by 4 points.... Should have benched Sylvia and NRoo for Mzungu and Howe.

ENYGMA

Lost by 16 points. Played Lower (11) instead of Puopolo (81), Howard (75) and Jacbobs (61) Feels bad man, now my run in to the finals is intense

Possumo

Quote from: Nails on August 14, 2011, 10:38:29 PM
Quote from: Nails on August 12, 2011, 08:29:27 PM
Bench both play the Gu  ;D

Low score of 79 at Patersons.

That was me telling someone to bench sylvia AND N. Roo and play Gu instead...

I don't know why you didn't Huggy, it was quite obvious IMO...
Nick Roo playing the worst team in his career based on career average in a St. Kilda team that aren't at their absolute best

and Sylvia in rubbish form playing the 2nd worst team in his career,
in rubbish form after not even getting named last week (sub potential),
scored 65 in his last game at Etihad,
last time he played WCE he only scored 90 (worst game he had in a 6 game stretch)
(named in a forward pocket - yuck)

I. Smith in good form, average of 92.5 in his last 2 (sub affected 25 in a qtr ruins his 3 game)
Scored 89 last time he played Port and was Hawks were always going to Smash Port (similar to when they smashed GC and he scored 99)

Was a pretty easy call IMO, I benched Sylvia (would have benched Roo if I had another decent option) and played Smith and Mzungu

The signs were there if you did the research.

What happened to the rule of always playing premiums over rookies? I thought you were big on rules like that (eg don't captain a player you just brough in for example). The plain and simple way to look at it is that sometimes risks pay off and sometimes they don't. In the case of Didak and Sylvia though, I agree Mzungu is looking like a 7th forward option at the moment.

yorgis

there is no way anyone could have even considered benching goodes, chaps, selwood and to a lesser extent lower. the fact

that some of the rookies scored better does'nt alter that. i mean , come on who in their right mind would play muzz [vs blues]

and bench chaps. the only players that we should have considered benching were maybe sylvia and roo, but we did'nt coz we

thought what if ?

Chelskiman

Quote from: yorgis on August 15, 2011, 04:21:30 PM
i mean , come on who in their right mind would play muzz [vs blues]

I did.  I had the choice of I. Smith, Mzungu or Yarran.  Probably should have gone with Smith, but certainly happy with Mzungu.

DT Junkie

If youre relying on players like smith and mzungu at this stage of the year you deserve to lose.....

Chelskiman

Well I was going to trade to Cloke or Fyfe, two "premiums", and Smith and Mzungu both outscored them.  Got me a place in the prelim, so I don't care who scores the points for me.