Main Menu

My Leagues Idea Instead of Franchise League

Started by Master Q, August 13, 2011, 10:07:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

Alright. You guys asked for it. I've been thinking about it for a while,  but I thought I'd let you guys run your comps first (FFPL, FFU24 etc...)

So without going into it too much, it's pretty much a competition that will run once every season. It's called the FanFooty Cup. It works in divisions, the highest being the "FanFooty Cup", and below that are "FanFooty Lower League 1" and "FanFooty Lower League 2".

I haven't confirmed how many will be in each league, but I think that the top 2 in each lower league promote to the main league, while the bottom 4 in the FanFooty Cup relegate (2 into FFLL1 and 2 into FFLL2). So this means that you play a lot of different teams each season instead of the same 10 etc...

There are only 2 downsides to this:

a) We will need 3 people to donate their credits each season
b) It can only house around 20 people (8 in FFC, then 6 in FFLL 1&2)

I wrote this up in about 10 minutes, so if you don't understand anything just ask.

Thanks
-Q

roo boys!

Master Q

Quote from: roo boys! on August 13, 2011, 10:13:01 AM
Looking good Q 8)
Thanks R&B. I've got 60 Credits (will be 80 in 2 days) so I could donate for the first few seasons...

Bazinga

Great stuff Q. I've actually had ideas of something very similar.

My thinking is that you would need to run this at the end of each season, as many FF guys are involved in other comps that aren't organised through here. Hopefully if this type of comp is organised, we could get everyone to enter.

The only problem with having 8 teams in div 1 and 6 teams in the lower divs is that the comp would run for two weeks longer in the highest division that in the lower ones.

Master Q

Quote from: Bazinga on August 13, 2011, 10:24:54 AM
Great stuff Q. I've actually had ideas of something very similar.

My thinking is that you would need to run this at the end of each season, as many FF guys are involved in other comps that aren't organised through here. Hopefully if this type of comp is organised, we could get everyone to enter.
Seeing as there is what, 15 weeks in a Season? I was thinking of running it on Sundays. First 4-5 Weeks let people have their fun in the PC, and then this starts. That's how I think it should work every season. So obviously this clashes with GC but I think that's your loss. Rather keep Thursdays free for other comps (Most comps are run on Thursdays), as I doubt many of us will go very far in the PC.

Quote from: Bazinga on August 13, 2011, 10:24:54 AM
The only problem with having 8 teams in div 1 and 6 teams in the lower divs is that the comp would run for two weeks longer in the highest division that in the lower ones.
That's the reward of being the Cup  :) Plus I don't want everyone to spend all their credits on this, so I think 6 teams is the right amount for the Lower Leagues.

8-6 Suited

Nah I'm not in it. Sorry Q. Not because of it being your idea, I'm not that petty, but for mysef there is no competition in this idea except for a couple of guys occasionally.

roo boys!

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on August 13, 2011, 10:58:45 AM
Nah I'm not in it. Sorry Q. Not because of it being your idea, I'm not that petty, but for mysef there is no competition in this idea except for a couple of guys occasionally.
Awww shucks, I'm honoured :P :-[

Luigi197

cookie311993

Not everyone gets included.  More competitive teams could miss out

bomberboy0618

If it is first come first served it won't be that good, needs to be purely rating based.

Master Q

Quote from: cookie311993 on August 13, 2011, 11:41:33 AM
Not everyone gets included.  More competitive teams could miss out
It's for the best 20 team that want to play... Not many miss out

cookie311993

how many teams are on FTP that are on here?

8-6 Suited

36 I believe. So just less than half miss out.

cookie311993

thats not good enough IMO. It cant be called a FF comp if people miss out because they arent good enough. I doubt it Q that you would be in the top 20 sides on FF

bomberboy0618

If it gets to the point where people are missing out I won't play.