Main Menu

Can't wait :)

Started by cortez, August 12, 2011, 04:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cortez

Yep i reckon there about as heavy favourites as what geelong were in 08 :P and I'm sad to say you know what happened there. And yea you beat st kilda. They won't get past the second week. The only day this argument will be resolved on the first Saturday in October. Geelong and Collingwood, Hawthorn, Carlton, west coast and st kilda won't make. We all know who the two best teams are.

bunyip

I think Geelong and Collingwood are the 2 best teams as well cortez, but it doesn't always work out that the 2 best play off in the GF. A whole lot can go wrong.

ossie85

Indeed bunyip. The Pies and Cats were the best two teams last year also.

bunyip

Good onya Oss. A few saints fans might disagree with you though. Most Collingwood fans would have forgotten about the drawn GF I guess.

ossie85

Saints were better than the Cats by the end of the year.... just. But, over the whole year, I'd say the Cats

Cruiseon

I'm not sure who was better side but the build-up to that Prelim was absolutely huge. I think mainly because most thought the winner would win the flag, and it was the respected older Champion verses the new kids on the block. I remember the banter all week with Bunyip, it was gold.

That said it was hard to split Geelong & St.Kilda by year's end. They were neck & neck in the first week of the finals but I guess St.Kilda did push Collingwood harder in the finals.

All this really comes down to .. ....... ..... .... bring on the 2011 Finals!!! A Collingwood V Geelong GF would be awesome.

bunyip

I'd prefer it if we played someone we haven't beaten yet ;D

Cruiseon

Bunyip, if you lose the first final your wish may come true in meeting Essendon or WCE in a final but I doubt it will be in the GF.

As an aside, I am very relieved we lost to Geelong. The hype would be unbearable if we were still undefeated. As it stands 12 wins in a row will need to be 18 in row to win the flag which would be an all time record for a Premiership team! Maybe we'll manufacture another loss in round 24 to take the heat off.  ;)

The return

you forgetting about the bomber :P

Usman

QuoteBunyip, if you lose the first final your wish may come true in meeting Essendon or WCE in a final but I doubt it will be in the GF.

As an aside, I am very relieved we lost to Geelong. The hype would be unbearable if we were still undefeated. As it stands 12 wins in a row will need to be 18 in row to win the flag which would be an all time record for a Premiership team! Maybe we'll manufacture another loss in round 24 to take the heat off.

Essendon won 20 in a row in 2000 and won the premiership

ossie85

But that streak was broken when they won the flag :) A technicality, sure, but still.

Cruise, not taking the Eagles/Blues/Hawks lightly for first week of finals either.

Cruiseon

I think Carlton have the record in 1995 with 18 in a row to include the actual Grand Final. Does this sounds right?

Spite

Pies vs Hawks Granny with Hawks knocking out geelong to get there... you heard it here first! :)

PowerBug

Anyone on Saints to win it from 6th? They could do an Adelaide in 98'

bunyip

The fact is they COULD. That's whats so interesting about this season. The 2 teams as it stands now that I doubt could reach the GF are the Dons and Sydney. But they might both make it "uncomfortable" for whoever plays them.