Beware named stars

Started by 97crows98, August 11, 2011, 07:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

97crows98

Sandilands, Cox, Ablett, Smith, Sylvia, Higgins & Mithcell all named but all have question marks over them. Make sure if you have any of them named that you have cover. The most difficult will be if and combination of Cox, Sandi & Smith don't play cos with Petrie having the bye, a number of teams might be copping a ruck donut this week.

Thoughts.

Fenno

I would take Sylvia off that list because he isn't injured at all and I didn't know anything was wrong with Mitchell. Agree with the others though emg are in place for them.

Talisman

Have to agree with you, but again would have to query Sylvia & Mitchell - where have you got your info from/what have you heard/read that makes you put a question mark over them?

Mr.Craig

No different to any other week I would have thought.

97crows98

Sylvia was out of favour last week & I heard in the media either last week or early this week that Mitchell had a niggle. If the Hawks are to rest him before finals, this would be the week to do it against Port. Just throwing it out there.

Fenno

Sylvia may have been out of favour last week but they won't pull him out late when he has no injury at all and do you have a source on Mitchell?

Flame

Sylvia should play. I thought Franklin hurt himself. I don't think hodge is 100 percent IMO!

MiGZ

Im sorry, but this is a bullsh*t thread. If you haven't got any hard facts then don't bother posting your 'hunches' about players not playing. Sylvia played a great role in the VFL and earnt his recall this week and ther hasn't been anything on Mitchell in the news. This is how rumors start.

Fenno

Quote from: MiGZ on August 11, 2011, 09:06:07 PM
Im sorry, but this is a bullsh*t thread. If you haven't got any hard facts then don't bother posting your 'hunches' about players not playing. Sylvia played a great role in the VFL and earnt his recall this week and ther hasn't been anything on Mitchell in the news. This is how rumors start.
+1

Joshy11

Nothing wrong with this thread....he makes a very valid point coz all week cox smith sandi and ablett looked like they would miss this week but have been named so they may not be 100% so its a fair point to say beware with getting your emgs right! Sylvia will play coz its not inj related and its no crime to post bout mitchell if he heard it but some actual validity would be nice but its not worth getting upset over geez!!

Fireballz

Nothing wrong with this thread I think it posts some very valid points.
Mitchell rolled his ankle in the last quarter against Fremantle in round 19 and it would be fair to say that if he's carrying any soreness in it then he wouldn't be risked. I'm not aware of any injury Sylvia's carrying and we're pretty sure he was dropped for form but to be honest he is nowhere near the worst player Melb have got so maybe there's another reason he was dropped (but I'm pretty sure it was because of form).

I'm hoping all these players come good (coz I have most of them) but crows is quite right to suggest you make sure you have bench cover for all of them!
Fair go kids!

PowerBug

No probs with the thread IMO. I understand you that question the thread as all talk, lay back a bit, he's a Crows supporter. All crows supporters tend to have off days, or weeks, or months, or years :P

All those players are not 100% starters for different reasons as we've pointed out so good thread, thanks for creating it.

Fenno

Quote from: Fireballz on August 11, 2011, 10:20:17 PM
Nothing wrong with this thread I think it posts some very valid points.
Mitchell rolled his ankle in the last quarter against Fremantle in round 19 and it would be fair to say that if he's carrying any soreness in it then he wouldn't be risked. I'm not aware of any injury Sylvia's carrying and we're pretty sure he was dropped for form but to be honest he is nowhere near the worst player Melb have got so maybe there's another reason he was dropped (but I'm pretty sure it was because of form).

I'm hoping all these players come good (coz I have most of them) but crows is quite right to suggest you make sure you have bench cover for all of them!
Fair go kids!
I didn't have a problem with the bulk of it but Sylvia's was 100% form as he played in the VFL and as he is named this week he won't be late out through being under an injury cloud and Mitchells so called rolled ankle in rd19 was the a nothing rolled ankle then let alone 2 rounds later so no injury cloud there. I just think get all the facts straight before getting people into a panic over nothing.

ShaynoB

Quote from: Joshy11 on August 11, 2011, 09:30:13 PM
Nothing wrong with this thread....he makes a very valid point coz all week cox smith sandi and ablett looked like they would miss this week but have been named so they may not be 100% so its a fair point to say beware with getting your emgs right! Sylvia will play coz its not inj related and its no crime to post bout mitchell if he heard it but some actual validity would be nice but its not worth getting upset over geez!!

+1

Ive seen it plenty of times, players hurt themselves, play the next week then have a week off cause it just wasnt right. Look at Gaz... did a hammy against the pies, played the next week and then had a week off. it happens so not knocking this at all.

Dunham29

Sylvia to belt out a 120 this week!