Advice needed for 7th/8th def

Started by gareth, August 10, 2011, 08:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gareth

Need some advice on who get for Hibberd?

Backine is: Scotland, Gibbs, Sucking, Enright, Goddard, Deledio, Puopolo (Hibberd, Jacobs, Howard)

I can afford anyone except Broughton.

I HAD Broughton and Gram, traded them out when they were being arseh0les. So bringing them back in is kind of a pain.

Grazz

Have a look at Birchall or Fisher. Pity you traded Gram could be a good unique with Saints finding some form.

PowerBug

Sam Fisher defidently. Or you could downgrade and keep the dpp link to the mids.

gareth

Quote from: Grazz on August 10, 2011, 08:45:39 PM
Have a look at Birchall or Fisher. Pity you traded Gram could be a good unique with Saints finding some form.

It was actually Broughton ->Gram -> Scotland.
Scotland has been fantastic!
Going Birchall means, I'll have 3 Hawks in my backline and a total of 5 in my team.
Fisher means 2 Saints in Backs and total of 4 in the team.

I'm really tempted to go with either Fisher and Birchall though. Arghh decisions!!

Quote from: PowerBug on August 10, 2011, 09:16:29 PM
Sam Fisher defidently. Or you could downgrade and keep the dpp link to the mids.

Lost my link dpp link to mid, when I got rid of Heppell.

PowerBug

Well, i don't like Birchall because i believe his role will eventually be changed to 100% stopping, which will really hurt his scoring. Every time i say this though, the more he pops up in these threads.

plugz19

hardnut

I'm going to come from left field and suggest considering Bock, recent form is better than fishers (from DT viewpoint) and no risk of a tag or sub at same price as Fisher. Just throwing it out there as noticed it today, only Bocks score against Collingwood sucked recently and he's not alone there!

McRooster

Graeme Johncock averages 92 against three of his final 4 teams this year (Crows haven't played Tigers this year)

or you could just Adcock  :-\

Spuds11

Quote from: McRooster on August 10, 2011, 11:26:08 PM
Graeme Johncock averages 92 against three of his final 4 teams this year (Crows haven't played Tigers this year)

adcock the money saver good quality defender but the question is  how many trades left and how much cash ?

gareth

Quote from: Spuds11 on August 10, 2011, 11:29:39 PM
Quote from: McRooster on August 10, 2011, 11:26:08 PM

2 trades left and $109k.
By trading Hibberd out I can cover my backline when Carlton and Geelong have the BYE.
MIDS and Forwards I have Calinan,Mzungu,Smith,Howe to cover Chapman and Selwood.

It's my second year of DT and I've wasted alot of trades on sideways trading. Otherwise I would have about 3 more trades.

adcock the money saver good quality defender but the question is  how many trades left and how much cash ?