2 trades left, what to do?

Started by PowerToWin, August 09, 2011, 11:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerToWin

HI All,

I finished on top of my league ladder so I have the double chance. here is my team and how it will line up this week;

Backs: Gibbs, Goddard, Deledio, Heppell, Stanley, Adcock, Harry Taylor (Pederson, Jacobs, Talia)

Mids: Pendlebury, Boyd, Thompson, Scotland, Rischitelli, D.Swallow (Krakouer, Harris, Harvey)

Ruck: Cox, Hale (Z.Smith, Derichx)

Forwards: Fyfe, Goodes, Pavlich, O'Keefe, Franklin, Green, Mzungu (Yarran, Darling, J.Brown)

I have 2 trades and $355K remaining.
My thoughts are to upgrade Harris to another gun midfielder. Thats a certain.

The 2nd trade I am deciding whether to upgrade Brown or Pederson.

I will be able to throw Harvey back in to the forward line next week by swapping with Mzungu so I can add a premium there next week. I am worried my backline is looking quite average, particularly if I make it through to Round 23 and I have Gibbs and Scotland out. If I trade Pederson out, the only viable options I can see are Fisher, Sucking or Birchall. Is this a better option that trading Brown out for a Cloke or a Johnson.

cheers!

powersuperkents

Upgrade J Brown because he's not coming back and besides that you have a really good team. Hale can perform well but is inconsistant but then again you could play Smith over him.

Chelskiman

Scotland should really be in your backline, so another premium mid is certainly needed (Mitchell and Swan are the obvious two to bring in at this stage).  Brown is doing nothing other than taking up space so I'd get rid of him too.  Cloake is in good form so is well worth his price.  Johnson has been quality but he does have a bye next week, so be careful there.  That's just my opinion though, I'm sure you will get plenty more.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Chelskiman on August 09, 2011, 11:45:00 PM
Scotland should really be in your backline, so another premium mid is certainly needed (Mitchell and Swan are the obvious two to bring in at this stage).  Brown is doing nothing other than taking up space so I'd get rid of him too.  Cloake is in good form so is well worth his price.  Johnson has been quality but he does have a bye next week, so be careful there.  That's just my opinion though, I'm sure you will get plenty more.
get rockliff

PowerToWin

yeah, i was going to trade Harris to either Rockliff or Redden.

I just feel that my backline is going to be caught well short when Carlton have a bye. I think I am going to be forced to play Pederson, Jacobs or Talia which I don't want to do. Id rather put Krakouer or Mzungu on in the forward line. I am confident I can cover J-Brown for the last 4 rounds and don't need to trade him if I can better my backline.

powersuperkents

Well right now im trying to do the same with my backline. You could find $80-90k and upgrade Pedersen to Suckling or Birchall. Thats what Im trying to do.

PowerToWin

Can do Pederson to Suckling & Harris to Rockliff/Redden.

Alternatively, could upgrade Harris & D. Swallow to gun mids then swap Harvey to forward line and Scotland to back line using my MPPs.

decisions decisions.

PowerBug

H.Taylor , D.Swallow , D.Hale? Couldn't have been the hardest league out there. Swing Scotland to defence for Jacobs, trade D.Swallow out for a premium.

PowerToWin

there are 3 guys inside the Top 10,000 overall. Not overally hard, no.

I think Hale has been very serviceable. I only bought him in at Round 13 and moved out Sandilands. His scores have been great for his price.

Swallow was usually on the bench with 7 premium mids on the pitch. he is on the ground at the moment, but won't be when I trade.

Taylor is my only fielded weak link currently.

might go the Harris & Swallow upgrade option.

PowerBug

Out of the three i said Hale is the safest.

PowerToWin

I decided to trade Harris for Mitchell & Swallow for Redden.