Any news from out West?

Started by Mr.Craig, August 09, 2011, 08:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

With Z.Smith a possible out this week I will need J.Griffin to play. AFL injury list still has him as a test, has anyone got an update on him?

Mr.Craig

Hmmm, just saw Sandi is listed as a test aswell. Surely he'll need a week or two more on the track...

wcarey

nothing on ten news sport in perth. will let you know if there is any updates on 7 or 9

HevvieEvvie

Harvey just commented on the news he's a good chance and he's been out longer than he liked. sounds like the fitness staff were holding him back in case he breaks down like last time. I recon he's 80% chance.

Carnthedockers

Heard Shaun Mcmanus (who is an assistant coach of sorts but also works on the morning show at Nova) say that Mundy and Sandi are certaintys this week.
CTD

Perthwildcat

you gotta wonder if Sandi would be the sub or be subbed though

Barlow was.

Flemo

Apparently Worsfold is keen to play Cox despite him being restricted. If Lycett gets named then either Dean Cox will be a late withdrawal or either have a green or red vest.

It would be no surprise either after a lengthy lay off that Sandilands also carries a vest.

Ruck is an annoying position this first week of finals. Vardy no longer playing atm and Petrie has a bye. Matthew Lobbe will struggle if Brogan returns as is expected.

Thats my SC and DT screwed.

Carnthedockers

If he wears the vest he will be subbed off, there is no benefit from starting a ruckman as a sub..

wcarey

I actually think the big sandi will start but may get subbed later in the game. I don't think they will play him this time unless he is 100% and therefore he should be a good chance to play a full match. If Mundy also gets named this week he is certainly sub material.

I am a dockers fan so keep a very close eye on them but what ive said above isn't said with a heap of confidence  :-\

PowerBug

Quote from: Flemo on August 10, 2011, 01:51:02 AM
Apparently Worsfold is keen to play Cox despite him being restricted. If Lycett gets named then either Dean Cox will be a late withdrawal or either have a green or red vest.

It would be no surprise either after a lengthy lay off that Sandilands also carries a vest.

Ruck is an annoying position this first week of finals. Vardy no longer playing atm and Petrie has a bye. Matthew Lobbe will struggle if Brogan returns as is expected.

Thats my SC and DT screwed.
Positive No. 1 - Every DT and SC will be screwed if Lycett and Naitanui play.
Positive No. 2 - Dean Brogan shouldn't play until Rd 24 at Adelaide Oval. That way he gets one final game at home.
Negative - Fremantle are playing Carlton this week.

SydneyRox

With the talk Sandi will play, I cant see them not picking some sort of back up.

Agree with CTD that neither Sandi or Griffin will start as the sub, more likely Sandi will get the vest once he is spent, which should leave Griffin to close out the game

wcarey

Quote from: SydneyRox on August 10, 2011, 12:31:30 PM
With the talk Sandi will play, I cant see them not picking some sort of back up.

Agree with CTD that neither Sandi or Griffin will start as the sub, more likely Sandi will get the vest once he is spent, which should leave Griffin to close out the game

Good call but I don't think sandi and griffen will both play, given that would be three big men in the side including zac clarke. highly doubt a fully fit clarke will be dropped for 2 half hit ruckmen

clarkytim

Generalsor

If Cox and Smith don't play i'll be looking at a double donut... One if i trade Petrie for McEvoy or Mumford

plugz19

griffin wont play, sandi looking likely
so probably a sandi/clarke combo for freo