Main Menu

Stevie j biggest front runner in afl

Started by Tankers, August 09, 2011, 09:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tankers

Why do Geelong supporters love Stevie j, he can't catch a cold against any of the top teams but everyone sucks him off for destroying gold coast and melbourne

North Melbournes Finest

I agree that he is very much a front runner, kind of like a Milne/Kade Simpson guy I know. But they both do it well haha.

Cruiseon

I posted these comments in the Carlton thread & disagree that he is a front runner especially when compared to the likes of Milne, Betts & Walker who go missing in big games.

"SJ kicked 3 against Carlton in their closest game of the year (and was 2nd best on ground) kicked 2 against the Bulldogs (rd 11) and was BOG, 2 against the Hawks (5 point win in round 12) and was in the best, & kicked another 3 against the Bombers when they lost. 

And if Collingwood are the bench mark here was the report from the AFL website that night

Toyota AFL Dream Team highlight
Geelong: Steve Johnson played an excellent game, picking up 25 disposals, eight marks, nine tackles and a goal for 127 Dream Team points - the most on the ground
."

Norm Smith Medals are rarely handed out to front runners either although to be fair SJ's was against Port.

Boomz

He isn't a front runner. Yes he destroys shower teams but that's what great players should do...  he has had some great games against the top teams this year and in the past like cruise has said.

PowerBug

Hmmm. Thank you Cruiseon, you continue to remind me of THAT day. You know the one.

North Melbournes Finest

Quote from: North Melbournes Finest on August 09, 2011, 09:16:50 AM
I agree that he is very much a front runner, kind of like a Milne/Kade Simpson guy I know. But they both do it well haha.
Official, couldn't get a touch against Collingwood and got a garbage time goal.