Trent West

Started by LaHug, August 09, 2011, 01:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Anyone know anything about this guy? Possible straight swap for Z. Smith this week if we need to trade.

unceramonius

not worth it at all id say for smith unless you already have two rucks playing with no byes. cats are just playing all their rucks, vardy, west,etc because they need to offload one at seasons end. by playing them, they can increase the value of the pick they will get.

west wont be in our final 22, sadly neither will vardy i fear. with pods, mooney, hawkins too in the frame, its 5 guys fighting for 2 spots really. ottens is a done deal, who will be the back up ruck that can go forward is who will get the remaining spot behind pods.

ShaynoB

i would be extremely surprised if they off load either West or Vardy at the end of the year. For me Blake and Simpson will go before either one of those 2.

West hasnt done anything wrong yet to lose his spot, in saying that they will probs drop him this week with the Big O coming back in. Pods, Mooney (provided he stays fit) and Ottens will all be locks. I fancy Vardy as he is more of a versatile player but i dont think he will get picked in front of West or Hawkins.

In saying all that dont get West if u can avoid it, would rather go for someone else

Fenno

Quote from: ShaynoB on August 09, 2011, 12:26:01 PM
i would be extremely surprised if they off load either West or Vardy at the end of the year. For me Blake and Simpson will go before either one of those 2.

West hasnt done anything wrong yet to lose his spot, in saying that they will probs drop him this week with the Big O coming back in. Pods, Mooney (provided he stays fit) and Ottens will all be locks. I fancy Vardy as he is more of a versatile player but i dont think he will get picked in front of West or Hawkins.

In saying all that dont get West if u can avoid it, would rather go for someone else
+1

unceramonius

i like vardy the most out of the lot, and i dont think the cats will get rid of him. but neither will get regular games at the moment.

blake has been injured all year, and i think he is a under rated ruckman. but would richmond want him? we should still have mumford too....scary thought.

Fenno

Quote from: unceramonius on August 09, 2011, 04:36:53 PM
i like vardy the most out of the lot, and i dont think the cats will get rid of him. but neither will get regular games at the moment.

blake has been injured all year, and i think he is a under rated ruckman. but would richmond want him? we should still have mumford too....scary thought.
Hardly a scary thought because it still has nothing on the ruck combo of Nic Nat and Cox

Cicjose

blake needs to do more around the ground tho to get a chance at geelong....

I have always liked blake but the injury couldn't have come at a worse time....

Cruiseon

Will Ottens retire at the end of the year? He must be close to calling it a day.

unceramonius

i think this year ottens , mooney, and milburn are done.  who knows, if vardy develops, maybe he can do the bulk of the ruck with pods and ottens upforward.

lolololololol nic nat and cox? ill admit cox is an incredible player, ten times the player nic nat is. but as of right now, nic nat is a incredibly over rated player. in a few years he may be great...but he isnt now. if i was dean cox id be filthy. hes bigger, stronger, faster, but because he doesnt have a funny hair do, the talks on nic nat.

and to show im not biased, gary ablett up until 2007 was incredibly over rated too. he was lazy,soft and didnt have the work ethic, he was over payed. then he turned it around and all of a sudden he was under payed. im just so sick of if nic nat does something..anything..its made out to be the best thing in the history of the afl. cant watch his games anymore, im sure im not the only one.

Windigo

Gee, when Vardy first came onto the scene. Was it Walls or someone that like had man crush on him. Praising the boy up when he got a nice contested mark & goal......He like 4 possies for the game....... :P

Fenno

Quote from: unceramonius on August 09, 2011, 07:09:59 PM
i think this year ottens , mooney, and milburn are done.  who knows, if vardy develops, maybe he can do the bulk of the ruck with pods and ottens upforward.

lolololololol nic nat and cox? ill admit cox is an incredible player, ten times the player nic nat is. but as of right now, nic nat is a incredibly over rated player. in a few years he may be great...but he isnt now. if i was dean cox id be filthy. hes bigger, stronger, faster, but because he doesnt have a funny hair do, the talks on nic nat.

and to show im not biased, gary ablett up until 2007 was incredibly over rated too. he was lazy,soft and didnt have the work ethic, he was over payed. then he turned it around and all of a sudden he was under payed. im just so sick of if nic nat does something..anything..its made out to be the best thing in the history of the afl. cant watch his games anymore, im sure im not the only one.
I think your the only one. I don't follow west coast either I follow Richmond.

LaHug

I might grab him or Vardy next year if a few players retire. I agree he won't be in the best 22 for the Finals but I think he might play out the season.

Grazz

Cheers LaHug he's an option i hadn't even thought of when my options are limited money wise, i have enough to trade
in Mummy with one trade so i'm probably leaning that way still. Kinda hoping Smith plays still as he got a ton last time
they played Lions and it would save a trade for the all important finals but Bluey is suggesting he may not.
Cheers
Grazz

unceramonius

if ottens retires vardy would def be an option. cox is a no brainer, then h-mac if he leaves, giles from gws, rucks look set. vardy if he is cheap,as he SHOULD play a lot more, but the cats have a man crush on hawkins, so who knows.