Main Menu

Rumour?

Started by Spite, August 08, 2011, 11:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spite

Heard a little rumour the other day that a certain Bernie Vince has requested to play for Collingwood in 2012? I mean, I'm not surprised that he would want to play for the pies... but what do you reckon?

(There was an article in a small paper stating this and when you search it into google, someone on a different forum also mentions it, so i'm not making it up :) )

I'm not so keen, we have great midfield depth... but maybe for pick 30 like Luke Ball, and if he doesn't mind being more of a fringe player haha  ;)

Edge

i think he'd be a better fit at the bulldogs.... would collingwood even have enough room in the salary cap ? especially if a little flower signs in the next few weeks... ?

c4v3m4n

Yeah that's a very valid point.

You've gotta wonder what the current state of Collingwood's salary cap is?

Surely it would be near breaking point...

CrowsFan

We'll trade him for Daisy :D

Edge

absolutely... whereas bulldogs will be freeing up salary space with hall leaving, hahn surely would be delisted/retire ? , and if we can delist some duds ... callan ward re-signing surely wouldnt take all the salary cap left after cooney griffin higgins lake .... and if he does go gws then thats even more salary cap space to sign vince....and FEV ...and Lovett ;) .. lol

North Melbournes Finest

Collingwood would have to be right at the tip of their salary cap or there is some salary cap cheating/bullshower going on. They already won the Premiership and still had so many players resign and join them (Krakouer/Tarrant[Heard he accepted 100k a year])

But yeah, if they can afford to take on all these players then the league needs to rethink how it currently runs. Why would you want him anyway? He's a prancy girl who gets cheap kicks.

8-6 Suited

Have a tissue, NMF. We are under the salary cap mate. :P

Usman

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on August 09, 2011, 12:31:43 AM

Most likely not legally but well done

8-6 Suited

Quote from: Usman on August 09, 2011, 12:45:24 AM

This is the Collingwood section Usman, not the Carlton section.

AFEV

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on August 09, 2011, 01:35:35 AM

You're kidding yourself if you don't think Eddie organises for them to get a little extra on the side.
No you'll never be pinned with it, and a few clubs probably do it, but it does happen. No bloody way are you under it through nothing but wages.

Boomz

Quote from: Sid on August 09, 2011, 03:49:10 AM
Quote from: 8-6 Suited on August 09, 2011, 01:35:35 AM

You're kidding yourself if you don't think Eddie organises for them to get a little extra on the side.
No you'll never be pinned with it, and a few clubs probably do it, but it does happen. No bloody way are you under it through nothing but wages.

Agreed.

ossie85

It helps that Luke Ball and Chris Tarrant are on minimum wage

Cruiseon

Of course we are under. Maybe a few less accusations and some more facts might assist the cause. Just think of what was freed up after we won our flag when these senior players departed.

Fraser
Lockyer
Medhurst
Anthony
Presti  :'(
O'Bree

That must provides significant room and as Os said, Ball goes on min wage in 2012.

It's hard to know who Collingwood needs to target recruiting wise. Another ruckman perhaps, maybe another tall back for cover?

PowerBug

Good luck to Bernie Vince. I think that they is a bigger chance of Geelong getting caught over Collingwood.

Usman

QuoteGood luck to Bernie Vince. I think that they is a bigger chance of Geelong getting caught over Collingwood.

you dont think Jnr would of freed up a bit of cash? they have been pretty open about their salary cap suggesting that if Ablett did stay they may have had to cut one or 2 players. i think they are definately within the salary legally. having veterens such as scarlett and milburn at half price due to more than 10 years service at the club helps the salary cap too i fully beleive Geelong are under it.

QuoteOf course we are under. Maybe a few less accusations and some more facts might assist the cause. Just think of what was freed up after we won our flag when these senior players departed.

Fraser
Lockyer
Medhurst
Anthony
Presti 
O'Bree

That must provides significant room and as Os said, Ball goes on min wage in 2012.

Collingwood however i doubt. Because Presti was a veteran only half his salary would of counted to the cap anyway so its not freeing up that much. Ye Ball goes to min Salary with all his on the side deals aswell ::)