Started by powersuperkents, August 07, 2011, 12:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which sounds better

Montagna to Priddis
Downgrade Pups and Upgrade Pedersen to Suckling
Sideways trade Pedersen to Adcock
None of the above

powersuperkents

How does this sound for a final trade? Puopolo or Pedersen for Jeremy Taylor then Issac Smith to Joel selwood and sub montagna as my emergency midfield.

or

Pedersen/Puopolo for Jeremy Taylor and upgrade Jeremy Howe for Travis Cloke/Stevie J

PowerBug

Ummm.. three things

1. it's still Sunday
2. Joel Selwood and Stevie J have a bye in two weeks and it's probably too late to bring them in.
3. Montagna has been scoring very well lately, why would you want to bench him?

Fenno

4. Jeremy Taylor is out for the rest of the season

Rowan1812

4. Jeremy Taylor won't play another game this season

Alka

Quote from: PowerBug on August 07, 2011, 12:32:12 PM
Ummm.. three things

1. it's still Sunday
2. Joel Selwood and Stevie J have a bye in two weeks and it's probably too late to bring them in.
3. Montagna has been scoring very well lately, why would you want to bench him?

3 is wrong.
He hasn't been at his best, and not even in say the top 10 mids.
A 99 vs Gold Coast which took a BIG junk time effort. And an 80 this week.
Coupled with a very tough finals run. He's been a big regret of mine ever since I brought him in, in round 10 (the same week he went on to get injured).

Still, unless you have trades to burn I'd stick with him. How many are you down to?
I'm at 3 and am slightly uneasy with such a low number for finals.

2 large cokes

look at what is gonna give you more points. basically your turning montags into selwood for say a 20-30 point Increase I'n average. or Howe Into cloke or stevie j for a 50 point better avg. makes sense to upgrade a rookie (Howe) to a prem, than a fallen prem that can still pull 100+ (tags).

another negative to the selwood trade is that it wouldn't make sense to trade out smith who is very decent backup compared to Howe because howe is so limited I'n melbournes team to score high. where as smith can pull 80+ most weeks barring being subbed.

powersuperkents

Great points everyone. I'll try downgrade pups or ped and upgrade howe which will leave me with two trades in the finals