Main Menu

Some kind of record...?

Started by LaHug, August 06, 2011, 05:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

421 - 85 in the last two weeks from Geelong. Surely some kind of record.

ossie85

Was just about to ask! 66 goals. Wow.

Still can't catch my pies :)

Justin Bieber

Massive 2 weeks to help boost their percentage! Bound to be with an over 300 point margin >:D.

Scott can't complain taking over from Bomber when their team can come out like they did this season :o.

bunyip

Actually Helly, I don't think Scotty has complained once. It's not a bad job to take over is it. Buckley's the same, how do you think he'd feel. He has nothing to do next season. Collingwood are a machine.

Holz

adelaide next week could they do it again?

PowerBug

Gees, the draw really suits them. I've already put the mickey on my team, and maybe i can do it with another.
The Crows are a chance against Geelong, to win. The Cats don't like it here in Adelaide so we could see a surprise.
Maybe when they next play at Skilled we'll see another 150+ win.

LaHug

Quote from: PowerBug on August 06, 2011, 11:44:18 PM
Gees, the draw really suits them. I've already put the mickey on my team, and maybe i can do it with another.
The Crows are a chance against Geelong, to win. The Cats don't like it here in Adelaide so we could see a surprise.
Maybe when they next play at Skilled we'll see another 150+ win.
And by "win", you of course mean "lose by less than 10 goals".

c4v3m4n

Hey everyone,

Unfortunately, I cant confirm or deny that Geelong has the highest aggregate margin over two rounds....

but...Geelong indeed does hold the record for the highest aggregate score over two rounds.

But interestingly, it wasn't Round 19 and Round 20, 2011...

...It was in fact, Round 7 and Round 8 in 1992.

In Round 7, Geelong def. Brisbane 37.17.239 (the highest score record) to 11.9.75
In Round 8, Geelong def. Adelaide 32.18.210 to 12.15.87

For a collective total of 69.35.449!! :o

But the best streak of all has to go to Sydney of 1987.

In Round 16, Sydney def. West Coast 30.21.201 to 15.14.104
In Round 17, Sydney def. Essendon 36.20.236 to 11.7.73
In Round 18, Sydney def. Richmond 31.12.198 to 15.17.107

This is a combined total of 97.53.635!!! :o :o :o

INSANE!

LaHug

Nice stats there, c4. That is CRAZY!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o

PowerBug

WOW!!!!
Just did the maths on my calculator. Geelong need 215 points or better to surpass the aggregate three round score set by Sydney in 1987. 35.5.215 would be the best they can do if they kick straight.

bunyip

Not likely to happen. My guess is that Adelaide will have a go. Melbourne didn't try against us, Gold Coast didn't have Gazza and lost Brown very early, so thats important. With those 2 out, they still aren't much better than a good reserves team.
I have said in another post that Collingwood seem to thrash other teams because they don't appear to try. In other words they are beaten before they run out onto the ground.
If you don't try against any good team they will embarrass you. (look at Port). I thought they at least had a go though. At this stage they are just in some trouble.
There has been a lot of talk lately about the inequity of the league. So, whats new? There have always been good sides and bad ones.
You what the real difference is, admin. The top sides have powerful, CEO's and presidents. We paid a fortune we could ill afford to get our current CEO (his name escapes me) from the Eagles and he has returned our investment in him ten fold.
When he came down here, Geelong were broke and there was a push to play all our home games in Melbourne. Costa took control and built the best management team in the league at the time. Now look. From beggers to a league heavyweight in 10 to 15 years. 

Cruiseon

Quote from: c4v3m4n on August 09, 2011, 12:39:56 AM
Hey everyone,

Unfortunately, I cant confirm or deny that Geelong has the highest aggregate margin over two rounds....

but...Geelong indeed does hold the record for the highest aggregate score over two rounds.

But interestingly, it wasn't Round 19 and Round 20, 2011...

...It was in fact, Round 7 and Round 8 in 1992.

In Round 7, Geelong def. Brisbane 37.17.239 (the highest score record) to 11.9.75
In Round 8, Geelong def. Adelaide 32.18.210 to 12.15.87

For a collective total of 69.35.449!! :o

But the best streak of all has to go to Sydney of 1987.

In Round 16, Sydney def. West Coast 30.21.201 to 15.14.104
In Round 17, Sydney def. Essendon 36.20.236 to 11.7.73
In Round 18, Sydney def. Richmond 31.12.198 to 15.17.107

This is a combined total of 97.53.635!!! :o :o :o

INSANE!

Great stats, I remember that period well.

I think quite a few of those were at the SCG when Warrick Capper was in full flight, with Greg Wililiams, Paul Kelly, Barry Mitchell, Tony Morwood  and Derrick Kicket. I think this was Healy's era as well. Dare I say it they were really amazing to watch, especially on the SCG.

PowerBug

Quote from: bunyip on August 10, 2011, 04:12:22 PM
Not likely to happen. My guess is that Adelaide will have a go. Melbourne didn't try against us, Gold Coast didn't have Gazza and lost Brown very early, so thats important. With those 2 out, they still aren't much better than a good reserves team.
I have said in another post that Collingwood seem to thrash other teams because they don't appear to try. In other words they are beaten before they run out onto the ground.
If you don't try against any good team they will embarrass you. (look at Port). I thought they at least had a go though. At this stage they are just in some trouble.
There has been a lot of talk lately about the inequity of the league. So, whats new? There have always been good sides and bad ones.
You what the real difference is, admin. The top sides have powerful, CEO's and presidents. We paid a fortune we could ill afford to get our current CEO (his name escapes me) from the Eagles and he has returned our investment in him ten fold.
When he came down here, Geelong were broke and there was a push to play all our home games in Melbourne. Costa took control and built the best management team in the league at the time. Now look. From beggers to a league heavyweight in 10 to 15 years. 
I think we've just had too many top vs bottom sides in a row. Big mragins happen every year, but with them happening so close to each other, the fans are getting too worried.

bunyip

I agree. it is unusual to have 3 so close