How often does this happen

Started by PowerBug, August 06, 2011, 10:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

My opponent this week in my school league, he's a 75% serious DreamTeamer but we only have 4 players the same.

Gibbs
Goodes
Franklin
Tapscott (bench)

It's weird how his team scores pretty well. I believe i'll win by only 100-200 at best.

Has any of youse had the same situation before?

dmagnus

Innovation is great! better than being another cookie cutter team, you can claim the high ground!
(although usually you won't do as well)

Eagle boy

Why is it weird that his team scores pretty well? There is no set formula for a successful team and if someone doesn't have the same players as you it doesn't mean they can't/won't score well. Variety is the spice of life :)

PowerBug

Quote from: Eagle boy on August 06, 2011, 12:05:17 PM
Why is it weird that his team scores pretty well? There is no set formula for a successful team and if someone doesn't have the same players as you it doesn't mean they can't/won't score well. Variety is the spice of life :)
It's just he plays all these uniques that no-one else thinks of.

Hanley
Mackie
Rance
Jack
Kerr
Kreuzer
McGlynn
Karnezis

Is what i'm up against. He did manage to do something terrible though. Swan >> Scully >> Sylvia.

LaHug

I played someone a couple of weeks ago with a very team to my own... but that was because he was hopeless. Beat him by 1212! We had 5 players in common.

PowerBug

I don't think i'll win by that much. He does own 5 Carlton players, Gibbs, Judd, Murphy, Laidler, and one that i can't remember. Also has Scott Thompson and ASwallow. We just have different premuims as his are way more unique. But his lower tier players ^^^ and others like Yarran, Puopolo, and Darling should mean i win.