Isaac Smith vs Andrew Gaff vs Dangerfield

Started by mike_3456, August 05, 2011, 06:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whos the better substitute for Ed Curnow?

Isaac Smith
Andrew Gaff
Patrick Dangerfield

mike_3456

I need to do a sideways trade so I don't cop a donut this week (damn you Gaz). Who would be the best substitute for Ed Curnow?

LaHug

Surely there are better options than those three... Don't have cash to do a good upgrade? Get a spare mid/fwd or mid/back dpp for extra finals cover. Gram, Fyfe, ROK, etc?

thanme

Yeah I agree with LaHug, but of those 3, I'd be all over Gaff.

mike_3456

I've got gary ablett and boyd on the bench this week so it'd be silly to have too many premiums sitting on the bench. I want to try and conserve cash, so I can use my last trade with Bailey->Cox.

eagles929406

dangerfield for sure, bickley playing him in midfield, points points points for him now, not stuck in fwd line anymore

LaHug

Quote from: mike_3456 on August 05, 2011, 06:53:21 PM
I've got gary ablett and boyd on the bench this week so it'd be silly to have too many premiums sitting on the bench. I want to try and conserve cash, so I can use my last trade with Bailey->Cox.
It's not that silly because you'd have cover for when other premiums are rested or have the bye...

mike_3456

I suppose, but I have an MPP which I can swap, and the only other player I have who has a bye is Marc Murphy. Just a bit unlucky to have both boyd and ablett out this week, so I can see why it is good to have 8 premium mids.

LaHug

Well, if your team isn't really affected by finals byes, then I understand wanting to save cash to upgrade your rucks. However, remember that players may well be rested so you have to make sure that whoever you bring in is good cover. I'd be getting Gaff or I. Smith. Gaff should score better but Smith has DPP