Sylvia on the field?

Started by dale93, August 05, 2011, 01:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henry

No, I think he has been dropped to give a message. He didn't play that badly on the weekend, but his form in the last few weeks hasn't been too crash hot. The reason I think Moloney didn't get dropped instead is that he was ill last week, and as the team vice-captain he is worth more to the team on the field because of his leadership.

Windigo

No doubt it was a 'message.' I reckon it will only be a week. Might be good for him as his form as you said has been ordinary.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Windigo on August 06, 2011, 02:28:09 PM
Terrible decision to drop him. Okay I didn't watch the game last week & I'm not sure what Viney's motives are for outing him but......

Moloney had no touches in a half of footy & he still plays? Really baffles me.  ???

Maybe Viney knows something we don'y.

Sylvia's out of contract at the emd of the season isn't he? Perhaps he has already signed for GWS and Scully was just a decoy.

I really think GWS should be signing some more experienced players rather than top draft picks from the past 2-3 years, otherwise they will get absolutely smashed every game.

Players they have been linked to like Davis, T.Walker, Palmer, Scully, Ward will not do much for the club next season in terms of mentoring youngsters.

It is more important for GWS to succeed early on, as they are in the heartland of the NRL. If they lose most of their games in their first two seasons then the fans will abandon the club.

But, there has not been any real big names linked to them, which is a worry. Without all of Ablett, Brennan, Rischitelli, Bock and Brown Gold Coast would have really struggled this season.

I assume they will try and sign some Sydney players - like GC did with Brisbane players, but I'm not sure if there are any stars coming out of contract?

GWS need a few players like Pendles, M Murphy, Selwood (i think all out of contract this year?) to get them going.

Also back on topic - Sylvia would be a decent pick up for GWS

Windigo

Pendles etc have all signed.

Thomas will go to GWS. He loves the $$$.

ossie85

Exactly why Daisy will stay at the Pies Windigo. Pies will give him an income for life, what will GWS do with him when he retires?

Windigo

Then why hasn't he signed. It's the Ablett saga all over again.

ossie85

Just a tactic :) Get the dollars up. Should take a page out of Ball and Tarrant's books and play for peanuts

I'm more worried about Reid and Sidebum

Sylvia I think will go if the Giants want him

Holz

Quote from: henry on August 06, 2011, 02:39:29 PM
No, I think he has been dropped to give a message. He didn't play that badly on the weekend, but his form in the last few weeks hasn't been too crash hot. The reason I think Moloney didn't get dropped instead is that he was ill last week, and as the team vice-captain he is worth more to the team on the field because of his leadership.

So the message is if you lift your game to play probably the best fro most of the season as soon as you play a couple of average games your out. In the last few weeks sure Sylvia hasn't been killing it but is probably in the top 10 each week.  The rest of the players gain nothing and Sylvia who is probably lacking in confidence gets kicked in the guts.

Windigo

Yeah dropping Sylvia when he is still clearly in the best 22 each week is a little bit weird.

Spite

I kind of hope that franklin pulls out so that everyone who left sylvia on the field just in case, gets a zero... sorry! haha

LaHug

Quote from: Spite on August 06, 2011, 06:19:01 PM
I kind of hope that franklin pulls out so that everyone who left sylvia on the field just in case, gets a zero... sorry! haha
Horrible but +1 if and only if Richardson has a big one.

Windigo

Harper is my EMG if Buddy doesn't play.

Davoo

sylvia would have helped with their injuries today. they were going to get smashed anyway

Flame

Quote from: Davoo on August 06, 2011, 07:21:46 PM
sylvia would have helped with their injuries today. they were going to get smashed anyway
He might not be 100 percent fit!