Main Menu

TONIGHT 7PM - m0nty Medal Night

Started by ossie85, August 04, 2011, 04:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Just as the Brownlow medal was named after a great administrator, so is the elxam league's medal for most dominant coach. I am, of course, referring to the 'm0nty' medal.

Come join us this MONDAY night from 7:30pm (AEST), where we start LIVE the countdown to see which one of fanfooty's esteemed coaches can take away the inaugural m0nty medal for both Dream Team and SuperCoach. A Red Carpet will begin at 7pm, where we can see our coaches arrive with their partners, and the FRONT BAR will be specially opened serving all sorts of beverages and shenanigans. I would do this on Grand Final week, but I will be jetsetting and unavailable!

Each week, votes are given on a 3-2-1 basis for the most dominant 3 coaches of the week. How do we define dominant? Well, this is a League competition, as well as an individual competition. So to say that the highest scorer is automatically the best of the round isn't always the case when fighting valiantly for the finals. So to be the most "dominant" not only is your score taken into account, but how much you beat your opponents by. I won't give away the exact scoring system, as I believe knowing how the system works takes away some of the suspense of the count. Just to say I hope you trust me that the count is UNBIAS and CONSISTENTLY applied.

For those who aren't familiar with the elxam league, it is a league named after a fanfooty coach who sadly passed away on Father's Day 2010. In 2011, there were 32 DT teams, and 32 SC teams, where everyone plays everyone once. Meaning there are 2 matches per week (except for the last round - the one coming - where there are 3 matches).

You can register to join the 2012 version HERE. If this link doesn't work for you, unfortunately, you do not qualify for the competition (yet). If it does, come on down! No number limit, and the more the merrier. More detail of this exciting league can be found at it's official website.

41 Coaches participated in the League this year:

8-6 Suited
Alex7089
Barlow 21
benjy251090
bomberboy0618/Luigi197
Boomz
BoredSaint
BratPack
browny_wce
bunyip
CFC 1979
chrisuzz
Cicjose
CrowsFan
Cruiseon
DazBurg
dylsta05
elephants
Flame
Fletch74
hawk_88
hawka26
Hellopplz
HillHero13
Junktimer
korza
Maca24
MajorLazer
Marcz
McRooster
MTTY
naste
ossie85
Prospector_1
pyronerd
reesbr
RobsOverAchieverss
roo boys!
thornz23
valkorum

But who will take home m0nty?

bomberboy0618

Why isnt it including the finals oss? :).

ossie85

The Brownlow doesn't include finals, so this doesn't either lol ;)

bomberboy0618

RiOtChEsS

JT would be an unbackable favorite ;)

Boomz

Great work ossie... Fair to say I won't win it :P

valkorum

Cookie Monster

BratPack

Quote from: Cookie Monster on August 04, 2011, 05:12:08 PM
i have no hope.

Me either. There better be a open bar otherwise I ain't coming  :P

valkorum

Quote from: BratPack on August 04, 2011, 05:15:29 PM
Quote from: Cookie Monster on August 04, 2011, 05:12:08 PM
i have no hope.

Me either. There better be a open bar otherwise I ain't coming  :P

+1

I am not traveling all the way from Perth unless there is an open bar

roo boys!

Reckon I've got this one in the bag :P

pyronerd

Quote from: roo boys! on August 04, 2011, 05:40:12 PM
Reckon I've got this one in the bag :P
nah I tihkn I've got you covered RB :P

Master Q

Maybe everyone could hope onto FFEC that night for a chat before it all happens  ;)

nas

B Y O?

<<<<<<

How my eyes will be at the nights end. lol

ossie85

Quote from: Master Q on August 04, 2011, 05:55:29 PM
Maybe everyone could hope onto FFEC that night for a chat before it all happens  ;)

Great idea Q :)

Open Bar for sure! But any Fev like antics will see you cut off :)