Trading for finals...

Started by pinochio, August 03, 2011, 09:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinochio

what are ppls thoughts on trading for finals...ie players that have a bye in finals but arent injured?

i have 6 trades left, what are ppls thoughts on something like this:
hibberd > taylor (GC)
petrie > mcevoy

...with this trade i am not forced to play lobbe in my 22 come the first final round...

thoughts???

LaHug

If you don't need to do it this week, you can always wait...

pinochio

petrie vs hawks in tassie in very appealing :P

...also just this idea of finals trading what do u think?

LaHug

Keep Petrie for this week at least.
Finals trading is a great idea if you have the trades. Just make sure you save two for the last week because there is a high possibility of resting.

2 large cokes

how is Petrie vs hawks I'n tassie appealing? sure he could score big but hawks haven't lost there for years and are I'n great form? especially there backline with gibbo, birch and suckers all I'n great form? should be an easy win for hawthorn if you ask me?

however i do like your idea of the trades for finals. wouldn't want lobbe I'n my starting 22 first week of finals!

pinochio

lol cokes, i meant its not appealing which is why im thinking of trading this week

soz man :P

2 large cokes

haha I'll forgive you just this once :p watch him pull a 120+ now!

pinochio

either way gotta wait for tomoz teams, have a feeling there'll be some big surprises!!!
:P

whorya

ill be doing the same!!

petrie - mcvoy
gibbs - birch/suckling etc
and then 3 trades for LTI if i need....otherwise i will use them to get the best premos in sideways trade in rd23-24
being top4 for finals (guaranteed) missing the geel bye would be great only need to trade enright if i need to play so im looking solid!

pinochio

when u trading in mcevoy...if ur like def trading him in next week anyway i would think that mcevoy would do better against freo here then petrie in tassie...

so essentially what im saying is that there is valid arguments in trading mcevoy in this week???

LaHug

I don't believe there will be a big enough difference in their scoring to warrant the risk in case you get some injuries that you need to use your trades for instead.
Just my opinion.

pinochio

this is true lahug!

problem is i have hibberd but no money is bank...

will just wait and see with teams and all!

PowerBug

Quote from: pinochio on August 03, 2011, 11:24:40 PM
when u trading in mcevoy...if ur like def trading him in next week anyway i would think that mcevoy would do better against freo here then petrie in tassie...

so essentially what im saying is that there is valid arguments in trading mcevoy in this week???
I have the same Lobbe/Petrie/Hibberd problem as you. Except upthemaidens told me to do this. Rd 21 trade Hibberd down to Warrick Andreoli, the 80k DEF/MID, swap Lobbe into your rucks for Petrie, who goes onto the bench in the forwards, then upgrade Lobbe to McEvoy. Now i have JTippett aswell, so i still get the dpp RUC/FOR, if you don't have Tippett or Zac Smith as cover, then you'll get a zero if either Cox or McEvoy get rested.

yorgis

trading uninjured players with finals byes, is a week by week proposition. depending on your opponent's team, whether u can

get a double chance, lti's, etc. e.g you trade petrie out for first bye, but you miss out out on his scoring potential for the rest

of the finals. it may be better to keep premo's and upgrade rookies, so you can swap your premo's around during the byes and

still have reasonable cover

whorya

Quote from: yorgis on August 04, 2011, 04:27:23 PM
trading uninjured players with finals byes, is a week by week proposition. depending on your opponent's team, whether u can

get a double chance, lti's, etc. e.g you trade petrie out for first bye, but you miss out out on his scoring potential for the rest

of the finals. it may be better to keep premo's and upgrade rookies, so you can swap your premo's around during the byes and

still have reasonable cover

that ends up being impossible unless u have a shtload of cash and trades...u need 2 trades to do this for one player...yes u miss out on petires score but mcvoy will prob score similar so whats the difference and if u keep getting premos in u will have to bench some anyway....