Main Menu

Ladder and our run home

Started by eski_liddr, August 03, 2011, 05:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eski_liddr

Sitting at 9th on the ladder with a freakish 1770 FOR and AGAINST for a percentage of 100.00... whats your thoughts for the run home? are we able to jump into 8th or 7th? Or is it time to call it a year and look forward to 2012?

Cookie Monster

i reckon 3 wins might be enough, but this week is cruicial, we lose thiss week, call it a year.

Suprised superfooty finished Melbourne 8th :O

but i don't want to play West Coast in Perth inside a month.

bomberboy0618

I wouldnt mind a finals performance to prepare for next year.

Cookie Monster

if we have a chance of making finals, it will be 2009 revisited ::)

it's already been a good enough year for the young kids, we focused on improvement and we impoved, i'm happy.

pyronerd

i think you guys are a good chance to secure 8th spot, freo have a terrible run home, bulldogs, north and melbourne are too far behind IMO, and you guys can cause some big upsets when you have a near best 22 on the park, and i think you can beat sydney here, bulldogs and power

you arent that bad Hilly, you can take it up to the better teams, the only issue in your bigger losses has been running out of legs from injuries

bomberboy0618

2009 hurt me. I was ecstatic after the rd 22 win then the next week was devastated.

Cookie Monster

yeah i know, but ATM on our injury list is 13-14 maybe even 15 of our best 22 there. We are only worried about players coming in.

Plus if we do come 8th, which i do think we can, West Coast + Patersons Stadium = Not good.

assuming they finish 5th, if Carlton finish 5th GAME ON!

i believe we will win those 3 aswel, but injuries are taking it's toll.

NOTE: About 6-7 of our best 22 on the inkured list are on tests.

and BB, it will happen again if we play on Perth, although we are coming of the bye :)

PowerBug

Yeah, you don't want to have 2009 again, especially since you could be going to Perth to play your first round match. Should you play Carlton or Hawthorn, i wouldn't be too worried about losing by lots. I predicted North to come 8th at the start of the year, so i hope Essendon do badly.

Maca24

I think we will definitely go for it. Limited resources (players) will have a massive impact though.
Hurley, Pears, Hooker will probably all miss 3 games.
But if we can get Hocking, Colyer, Myers and Fletcher all playing then I think its not out of reach.

Cookie Monster

suprisingly, Hurley is on Test, Colyer won't come back, Hocking may this week along with Fletch, Pears for Port and Myers, just tape up your finger and his right to go.

Maca24

Quote from: Cookie Monster on August 03, 2011, 05:44:33 PM
suprisingly, Hurley is on Test, Colyer won't come back, Hocking may this week along with Fletch, Pears for Port and Myers, just tape up your finger and his right to go.
Hurley will be longer IMO.

AFEV

Quote from: Maca24 on August 03, 2011, 05:49:41 PM
Sure will. Has been said here before we are always optimistic when predicting the returns of players.

Maca24

Quote from: Sid on August 03, 2011, 06:08:33 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on August 03, 2011, 05:49:41 PM
Sure will. Has been said here before we are always optimistic when predicting the returns of players.
True that. Plus I dont think he is worth risking if he has stress fractures. Put him on ice.

Holz

Quote from: pyronerd on August 03, 2011, 05:30:29 PM
i think you guys are a good chance to secure 8th spot, freo have a terrible run home, bulldogs, north and melbourne are too far behind IMO, and you guys can cause some big upsets when you have a near best 22 on the park, and i think you can beat sydney here, bulldogs and power

you arent that bad Hilly, you can take it up to the better teams, the only issue in your bigger losses has been running out of legs from injuries

Ni think goodes just gifted you a finals spot.

AFEV

Quote from: Holzman on August 06, 2011, 10:56:49 PM
Quote from: pyronerd on August 03, 2011, 05:30:29 PM

Ni think goodes just gifted you a finals spot.
That game was hardly gifted to us...