Collingwood to rest....

Started by glam77, August 03, 2011, 12:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Collingwood midfielder will be rested this week?

Dane Swan
0 (0%)
Scott Pendlebury
7 (31.8%)
Steele Sidebottom
3 (13.6%)
Luke Ball
7 (31.8%)
Other - please comment who (Johnson, Krakouer, Buckley, Beams, Davis)
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: August 06, 2011, 09:36:13 PM

The F.A.R.K.

when you say karge sums of money do you mean a 10 dollar heath shaw bet or a 50 dollar goldsack bet. i wouldnt talk about betting and collingwood in same thread from now on  ;D

port have no hope of winning. i have gone to everyone of their home games and still cant belive they beat crows at the start of the year. its not that ften port win at home... wait its not that often port win at all

they will not beat collingwood and i would bet heath shaw and tyson goldsacks mother on it

they should have beat hawthorn but struggled to run out the game and since that havent looked like beating anyone (not even the bye...jks) so dont get your hopes up

i would just be happy if they get within 10 goals and can run out the end of their quarters. their defensive pressure at the end of quarters is the worst i have ever seen they can match it for the first 15 minutes and then bang the opposition kick 5 quick ones in 5 minutes

LaHug

Quote from: plugz19 on August 03, 2011, 08:00:42 PM
Quote from: LaHug on August 03, 2011, 07:37:26 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on August 03, 2011, 07:02:32 PM
I don't like that idea of Chad Cornes either. But i genuinely think we can win, no jokes. Yes we'll need alot of help from Collingwood but it's possible.

I'll say this one, the margain won't be more than 8 goals.
Assuming they don't rest too many, I'd bet large sums of money that the margin will be at least 10 goals.
im with you lh
but tab are paying 1.4 for collingwood by over 60 points...not much value tbh
I think it's generally agreed that "I'd bet large sums of money" means for even odds. Obviously, the bookies know it'll happen so give crappy odds...

97crows98

With Thomas, Wellingham & Didak all due to return this week, who will the Magpies rest? I am leaning towards Pendlebury as Swan missed a few weeks mid season when he went to Arizona, but Sidebottom could also be rested.

Flame

Quote from: Nails on August 03, 2011, 07:07:41 PM
I don't like that idea of Chad Cornes either. But i genuinely think we can win, no jokes. Yes we'll need alot of help from Collingwood but it's possible.

Port Adelaide will win if the Collingwood team get lost on the way to the ground.
Ha..very funny!

plugz19

Quote from: LaHug on August 03, 2011, 08:13:16 PM

Assuming they don't rest too many, I'd bet large sums of money that the margin will be at least 10 goals.
im with you lh
I think it's generally agreed that "I'd bet large sums of money" means for even odds. Obviously, the bookies know it'll happen so give crappy odds...
disagree, i'd put large amounts of money on geelong to beat gc by >60 points if it was paying 1.4-1.5

LaHug

Quote from: plugz19 on August 03, 2011, 11:04:14 PM
Quote from: LaHug on August 03, 2011, 08:13:16 PM

im with you lh
disagree, i'd put large amounts of money on geelong to beat gc by >60 points if it was paying 1.4-1.5
I'm not saying it means you wouldn't at odds that aren't even. I'm just saying that when you say "I'd bet large sums of money", you mean you're almost certain it would happen. It doesn't mean you'd bet no matter what the odds. It's a turn of phrase.

PowerBug

I know i sort of started this in-thread topic, but we shouldn't really be talking about gambling and "large sums of money". I'm not saying this because it's been about Port Adelaide losing by heaps. It's because gambling is wrong, and lot's of people have there lives ruined from gambling, so can we keep FanFooty clear of gambling.

I say Sidebottom will be rested this week. Not Swan, nor Pendles, nor Thomas.

yorgis

if anyone needed a rest surely it would be lukey ball. he's played every game this year