Please vote lads massive game this week

ossie85

Swan's gonna aim for 50 me thinks

PowerBug

Dunham29

Cox last 5 games avg: 166

nuff said

Wacky Tiger

I'll be going Cox v the Tigers ruckmen but my VC will be Selwood v the Gold Coast and he could have another 150+ quite easily.

PowerBug

Quote from: Dunham29 on August 02, 2011, 12:23:22 PM

nuff said
Don't think so.

3 round - 137

5 round - 118

Still good enough against no ruckman.

Fenno

Quote from: Dunham29 on August 02, 2011, 12:23:22 PM

nuff said
Get back to your supercoach board and your unrealistic scoring cox 114sc with his last 4 possessions yea work that out. Your telling me say 30 possessions from another bloke who doesn't kick the last goals is worth the same as the last 4 possesions from cox who kicked the last goal.

ossie85

You're saying to me a kick straight to the opposition (who then kicks a goal that loses you the game) should be worth the same as a 70m torpedo kick that scores a goal with 10 seconds left to put you in front?

Anyways.... Has anyone seen Swan's form against Port Adelaide?

Fenno

No im not saying that at all. im saying what cox did should be worth a few extra points but 114 for his final 4 possessions is a bit of a joke.

Your basicly saying if a bloke comes on as sub in last last quarter gets a couple of touches and then kicks a goal deserves the same amount of points as someone who has had 30 touches and has got them into a possition to win the game. If it was a grand final which one of these 2 players would win the medal? according to super coach they did just aswell as each other. Yet one played a full game and the other played a quarter

dale93

Chopps

last three have been quiet decent

ossie85

Quote from: Fenno on August 02, 2011, 01:54:38 PM
No im not saying that at all. im saying what cox did should be worth a few extra points but 114 for his final 4 possessions is a bit of a joke.

Your basicly saying if a bloke comes on as sub in last last quarter gets a couple of touches and then kicks a goal deserves the same amount of points as someone who has had 30 touches and has got them into a possition to win the game. If it was a grand final which one of these 2 players would win the medal? according to super coach they did just aswell as each other. Yet one played a full game and the other played a quarter

It is a fair argument Fenno, but it isn't as simple as seeing what his 3rd quarter score was, and seeing his final score, and it showing the difference is 114. They scale the match after the result, so chances are his score up to 3 qtr time was revised upwards heavily also, we just don't see that.

Fenno

Quote from: ossie85 on August 02, 2011, 02:10:39 PM
Quote from: Fenno on August 02, 2011, 01:54:38 PM

It is a fair argument Fenno, but it isn't as simple as seeing what his 3rd quarter score was, and seeing his final score, and it showing the difference is 114. They scale the match after the result, so chances are his score up to 3 qtr time was revised upwards heavily also, we just don't see that.
I didn't just get that info from his 3qr time score Shane Crawford said it on I think it was the sunday footy show.

ossie85

Interesting! Ah, the inner workings....

Anyways, anyone thinking of a risky captain? Anyone brave enough to do Cloke again this week?

Bennyy

Swans record against the power is ridiculous, so for boring dream teamers its gotta be him you lock in.

Ps did you watch the WC WB game. Cox single handedly saved the game for the coasters, then won it for them. Contested marks etc. Had 4 hitouts as well that went straight to his teammates. Andrew Swallow earlier in the year got about the same amount of points in one quarter when he had 10 clearences or something. 15 possesions etc. Scoring isnt bull it makes a lot of sense!

And im with ossie85 too. Scaling happens so scores do change from what is displayed each quarter. He may have been scaled up 20 odd points and only got the 100 or 90 odd in the last. Its not simple, but gives you a much better scoring system. Scaling happens because you cant predict what will happen in the next quarters so you cant measure the players impact on the game. His impact over the whole game was huge so hence got massive points