Main Menu

Hibberd

Started by Boomz, August 01, 2011, 11:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomz

Assisting police with their enquires into a assault early sunday morning in mornington... at 4am.  ::)

Injured and out at 4am isn't a great look to begin with & the fact he was most likely drinking & that he was probably involved in it...  >:(

Rumour is he'll be suspended for the rest of the season  ::) We'll find out soon enough...

McRooster

Figured there must have been more to his character that Hird and Essendon could see and weren't rewarding on field with selection.

Pity, the kid can play - but that is not good news.

Zarts

... I read the article, it looked like hibberd was a witness to an incident, and was assisting the police in such a capacity, rather than being involved in the incident himself...

Boomz

Quote from: Zarts on August 01, 2011, 11:45:39 PM
... I read the article, it looked like hibberd was a witness to an incident, and was assisting the police in such a capacity, rather than being involved in the incident himself...

From what I've heard he was involved in some capacity... I hope it's not true. Either way whatever he's doing out that late when he's injured especially is beyond me

Luigi197

A good defender, but now the like 4th time i've read about his offcourt antics. -.- :(

Someone needs to give him a talk...

Zarts

Quote from: BOOMZ on August 01, 2011, 11:49:11 PM

From what I've heard he was involved in some capacity... I hope it's not true. Either way whatever he's doing out that late when he's injured especially is beyond me

he's injured and can't train, I see no reason why he shouldn't be out late..

McRooster

Quote from: Zarts on August 02, 2011, 10:43:28 PM
I see no reason why he shouldn't be out late..

Maybe wait for end of season ya think ?  ;)

Western Bulldogs in Hong Kong

Boomz

ah maybe for his recovery & because of the clauses that would be in his contract? ::) There are plenty of reasons... The fact he is injured makes it 10x's worse.

AFEV

Quote from: BOOMZ on August 02, 2011, 11:13:58 PM

ah maybe for his recovery & because of the clauses that would be in his contract? ::) There are plenty of reasons... The fact he is injured makes it 10x's worse.
Numerous things...
For example how many sober people are just wandering down the street at 4 AM?

elephants

Hahaha hibbo ::)
Oh well hibbo -> adcock finsher my backline (with Rawlings benching it) so if he was going to do something dumb now was a good time.

PowerBug

I'm downgrading Hibbo to Andreoli, the 80k saints guy with MPP.

Zarts

Quote from: Sid on August 02, 2011, 11:17:30 PM

Numerous things...

Look, there's a curfew in his contract, then clearly he shouldn't be doing it. You can have a late night and still recover from injury- if he gets home at 5AM and sleeps until 1pm, that's a decent 8 hours.

and I've been out at night at 4/5am and been sober- it's not a huge stretch of the imagination- if you're out at a friends birthday celebration, and maybe you're deso, you don't feel like drinking, you don't have the money, you aren't allowed to because of your afl contract :P you might still stay out just to keep an eye on everyone.

and PB, me too with the downgrade.. . eventually :P

AFEV

Quote from: Zarts on August 03, 2011, 02:00:09 PM
Quote from: Sid on August 02, 2011, 11:17:30 PM

Numerous things...

Look, there's a curfew in his contract, then clearly he shouldn't be doing it. You can have a late night and still recover from injury- if he gets home at 5AM and sleeps until 1pm, that's a decent 8 hours.

and I've been out at night at 4/5am and been sober- it's not a huge stretch of the imagination- if you're out at a friends birthday celebration, and maybe you're deso, you don't feel like drinking, you don't have the money, you aren't allowed to because of your afl contract :P you might still stay out just to keep an eye on everyone.

and PB, me too with the downgrade.. . eventually :P
If he sleeps until 1 he misses his rehab/light training. Not I guarantee that is a breach of contract.
I know it is possible Zip but what are the odds? Compared to how mny times you have been at least a little tipsy and the few times you were 100% sober?

Boomz

Maca24