To Adcock or not to Adcock

Started by elephants, August 01, 2011, 07:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Witty title hey?

Pretty much i want to know whether or not getting Jedcock in for Hibberd (who is apparently injured) is a bad move?

This will allow me to make Brady 'old fella' Rawlings my 8th mid and give me ample mid/back cover (fwds is all good with mid and ruck links there)

(Gibbs, Enright, Rawlings are my only backs with byes remaning)

The only downside i see is it leaves me with one solitary trade BUT rids me of all essendon players.
Going for overall.
All thoughts appreciate :)

stigs

do it.
i did that exact trade two weeks ago and also, apparantly hibberd got in a bit of trouble over the weekend.
gives u better cover for byes + adcock is looking pretty good

elephants

What sort of trouble??
Yeah pretty confident on it, thanks heaps.

Zarts

ummm, to me that looks like he's providing a witness statement rather than being directly involved in the incident...

fertalong

Adcock has a tough run home (pies, wce, and syd) even though he has 2 easy ones coming up (adl, gc). My guess is that he will avg about 85 for the remainder of the season which is good enough for a 7th def at that price. However, if you can afford Fisher then that's the better option.

elephants

Current backline is...

Goddard, Gibbs, Fisher, Enright, Waters, Suckling, Enright
(Puopolo, Hibberd, Howard)

Generalsor

Quote from: Zarts on August 01, 2011, 09:05:01 PM
ummm, to me that looks like he's providing a witness statement rather than being directly involved in the incident...

Ditto. Would've thought he'd get a call up this week considering Essendon's injuries. That's assuming he's fit himself.

PowerBug

I don't like the thought of bringing Adcock in now. Just doesn't feel like he's got the feel back after one good week then a bye.

elephants

I'll wait for teams obviously but adcock is super cheap and capable of 120+ scores.

PowerBug

I have him too, got him before the first price rise. Wait 'till thursday/friday and take another look.

The F.A.R.K.

yes do it. brown out he will start scoring 100s again. brown is his curse.

hibberd is injured and is also being investigated by police. get rid of him. its on afl website

elephants

Thanks lads. Looks like it'll get the go ahead on Friday morning.
In regards to his rough draw he plays defense so hopefully the ball will be in brissys back half where jedcock generally chills.

The F.A.R.K.

brown is his curse. when brown is in the side he scores 60s when brown is out he scores 100s

elephants

Interesting FARK. Weird considering they are at different ends of the ground but still...