Pb's Special Mentions (Rd 19 results in!)

Started by PowerBug, August 01, 2011, 02:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Hi guys, i would like to make this a regular thing every week, just going to trial this year.

Top three moments of the week:

No. 3 - The Geelong Cats team for scoring 9 DT tons and winning by 186 points.
No. 2 - Scott Pendlebury for making his 10th ton straight, and scoring 123 in 3 quarters of Football
No. 1 - Dean "Big" Cox for showing why he is the greatest ruckman of this era, 155 and still going.

PowerBug

Post your thoughts and other ideas here.

Zarts

captain Dal Santo, for getting over 150, and having a 3 game average of 131, a 5 game average of 129 and a 6 game average of 130. What a beast.

Oh, and Andrew Swallow, for powering through on the weekend despite sustaining multiple head knocks.

PowerToWin

i have a few.

Dean Cox. Showed why he is the best and most versatile ruckman to ever play the game. 155pts! Looking forward to him killing Richmond. Definately a worthy Captain option.

Geelong. 9 players at 100 or more. 4 at 150+. Enough said.

Jason Gram. It was only weeks ago that people couldn't get off the Gram train quick enough. He is stringing together some big games and looks to be a cheap upgrade.

Stephen Milne. Although I hate him with a passion, he, unlike Betts, backed up his huge effort last week with another solid outing and 100+ score.

Taylor Walker. Has copped alot of flack until finally been given another opportunity by Bickley. 94 DT pts and 4 goals puts him back on the GWS radar I bet.

Chris Judd. After the birth of little Oscar, he had a slow start with only half a dozen touches or so in the first half but came home strong scoring 93.

My top 6 for the round :)

PowerBug

I think Big Cox 155 is up there. Stevie J as he was my captain. And the Geelong football club for "Dee"stroying Melbourne and having 9 players score 100+

dale93

Greg Broughton's score in the wet
Scott Pendlebery's last 3 Quaters after sitting on 18 at Quater time
Jason Gram even though he was against the Suns
And yes i am going to say this but Brad Green's 2nd half after a minues 1 first half.

PowerBug

Here's a list of what we have:

Super sub Andrew Gaff scores a ton
My captain Stevie J make 171 and gets 7 goals with 16 assists.
Broughton score on a wet Paterson's stadium.
Pendlebury scoring 123 in three quarters & his 10th ton in a row.
Jason Gram against the suns
The whole Cats team for 9 DT tons.
Chris Judd for having a child and scoring a respectable 93 as he wasn't concentrating.
Milne for scoring a ton against GC.
Nicky Dal 150 as quarterback against GC.
A concussed Andrew Swallow scoring well
And Dean "Big" Cox for scoring another big ton.

Fireballz

I want to add that it was Pendles' 10th consecutive ton. A big effort from being on less than 20 at quarter time!

And whilst I think it's a bit of self-promotion making your own regular segment when you've only been registered 3 months, I like the idea of a de-brief thread after each round that's not just about individual team scores.

Zarts

bah lol, I made a weekly segment after being registered for like 3 months :P

Fireballz

Quote from: Zarts on August 03, 2011, 12:56:33 AM
bah lol, I made a weekly segment after being registered for like 3 months :P
If it's a good segment then all power to you bro!

I liked 'ask ziplock', but it's a bit unsustainable to answer individual questions from a whole bunch of FF members!

And I like this segment too.

Though there's a good chance nobody cares what I like and what I don't like anyway....

.... ::)

Zarts

I was pulling it off.

I only stopped because I'm no longer 'Ziplock' :P

PowerBug

Quote from: Zarts on August 03, 2011, 01:15:32 AM
I was pulling it off.

That's very, very, very unfortunate.

Like i half mentioned at the start that i'll just see how it goes for the rest of the year, if it gets a good response, then i'll continue next year. I'll add the Pendles 10th ton in.

Nails

I was pulling it off.

So that's why you got rid of your account, couldn't handle the Ask Ziplock pressure anymore :P

PowerBug

Quote from: Nails on August 03, 2011, 09:51:40 AM
I was pulling it off.

So that's why you got rid of your account, couldn't handle the Ask Ziplock pressure anymore :P
Nah, he changed his e-mail address, coz he was paranoid, and he needed to confirm it, but it was fake, so Ziplock is now in limbo.

PowerBug

Not a fantasy mention here, but i'd like to say thank you to Chad Cornes for being such a great player for the club. Hopefully the new generation have more people like him.