Main Menu

SEN JUST reported that Bailey got sacked

Started by roo boys!, July 31, 2011, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

Maca24

Would expect it to be correct, whether that be 2nite or later in the week.
Who can we expect to be caretaker?

roo boys!

I reckon Scott West should be given a shot!

BratPack

Won't be Westie.

Viney would be my guess.

Maca24

Mick Malthouse might get the gig next year?  :-X

Magpie42

I think Malthouse will be a big chance to get the job for 2012.

He is keen to coach if the role fits him and the clubs needs and I believe a head coach role is his only way out of contract with Collingwood.

With such a young team, Malthouse could be the ideal fit to get these young kids playing well together within a few years.

Windigo

Malthouse is staying at the Pies.

I think Eddie would assassinate him if he tried to leave. But not like he could. He already signed.

BratPack

No way does Malthouse coach Melbourne.

The Dees couldn't afford to pay him for a start

Maca24

Quote from: BratPack on July 31, 2011, 10:21:47 PM

Im sure he would take a pay cut. He seems very keen to coach, reckon he will try his hardest to leave collingwood.

Boomz

Quote from: BratPack on July 31, 2011, 10:21:47 PM

They would find a way.

c4v3m4n

Well it was just a matter of time...

I seriously doubt Malthouse would leave Collingwood, he would make a perfect senior assistant coach for them, like the role Bomber Thompson has got at Essendon. But there are rumors that the deals are breaking down for 2013 onwards. (He is already contracted for one more year...)

As for who I believe should coach Melbourne next year... For starters, they should look to promote someone from within the club. Have the strength and confidence to back one of there own for the top job, rather than getting a clean broom and head-hunting other assistant coaches. Therefore there are three choices....

...Todd Viney, Brian Royal or even Chris Connelly.

Then they should seriously look at persuading Paul Roos, Rodney Eade or even Alastair Clarkson (whose still yet to resign...  :o) into a senior assistant coaching role. I seriously admire what Essendon have done with their coaching ranks, and it should be a model seriously looked at for Melbourne.

Also, I know I've said this in a previous thread, but IMO, I still believe that the players themselves should also be held accountable for what happened on Saturday. Bailey wasn't the one out on the field playing the game...

But how to punish the team?  :-\

LaHug

Quote from: c4v3m4n on August 01, 2011, 01:24:30 AM
I'd say to drop the entire team and play the Casey team instead but, despite the fact that it's not really within AFL rules, Casey was just as bad as Melbourne on Saturday.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: LaHug on August 01, 2011, 01:28:25 AM
Quote from: c4v3m4n on August 01, 2011, 01:24:30 AM
I'd say to drop the entire team and play the Casey team instead but, despite the fact that it's not really within AFL rules, Casey was just as bad as Melbourne on Saturday.

You're not wrong. 31.6-192 Geelong def. Casey Scorpions 10.4-64.