When to get Birchall in?

Started by dcmagadia21, July 31, 2011, 06:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcmagadia21

I was thinking as I only have $2900 in the bank and I want to get rid of Shaw, I might as well get Birchall for him. But when should I get him, Round 20 or 21? He has a BE of approx. 137 next week against North Melbourne so should drop more.

The F.A.R.K.

against north so he might reach that be. hawks played better than their dt stats last night. the weather affected them. next week against north if the weather is good i would expect half the team to be scoring 100s again.

Fireballz

If you still have a few trades, and are a good chance to win ur last league match anyway, I would wait. He more than likely won't get 127 and if he does have a blinder then his price either won't change or might increase like $1000.
Chances are his price will drop so if you can wait, then wait. But if you need him this week, buy him in!

m_zulian

Quote from: Fireballz on July 31, 2011, 09:07:30 PM
Chances are his price will drop so if you can wait, then wait. But if you need him this week, buy him in!
Birchall is a good unique pick. He has scored the the 6th most points of all defenders (I have 4 of top 5) and is only in about 15,000 teams. Also, Hawthorn also have Gold Coast during grand final. 
I am aiming for league win and I want to trade Birchall in for either Enright or Heppell (both have finals byes). Enright had a massive score and is expected to go up in price by about $10,000. Heppell's price has stayed steady the past 3 weeks so there is no rush in trading him out. With Birchall expected to drop in price I will wait to see after this round

Fenno

his break even isn't anywhere near 137 or 127

HTL

Quote from: Fenno on August 01, 2011, 02:43:09 PM

I think it was around that before the weekend....... According to FF this week its down to 112 against NM at Aurora (Launceston TAS).

Who's a better pick Birchall or Suckling?

Fireballz

Quote from: HTL on August 01, 2011, 03:22:56 PM

I think it was around that before the weekend....... According to FF this week its down to 112 against NM at Aurora (Launceston TAS).

Whoops... should have checked before assuming FARK's 137 was right. The 127 was a typo...
I'd say get him in this week then!

And I personally put Suckling slightly ahead of Birchall. But not by much...

dcmagadia21

Quote from: Fireballz on August 01, 2011, 08:36:09 PM
Quote from: HTL on August 01, 2011, 03:22:56 PM

Whoops... should have checked before assuming FARK's 137 was right. The 127 was a typo...
I'd say get him in this week then!

And I personally put Suckling slightly ahead of Birchall. But not by much...
but i want to be unique so birchall it is :D

The F.A.R.K.

i honestly dont reckon you need it. just looked at your post from last week. you have bloody good cover in heppel, stanley and adcock just play one of them. i have heppel as 6th back still. he is just as good as most other defenders. stanley has been playing well lately as well. use the trade elsewhere you only have 3. save them for finals when players start getting rested. downgrade shaw so you can upgrade with last two. if you sideways with shaw you wont have any money left for last 2 trades. i had 700k left for my last 3 trades

Fenno

his breakeven isn't 137,127 or 112. Where do you get your brakevens from guys? cause wherever they are from they are wrong. also at this time of year the breakeven shouldn't matter

The F.A.R.K.

well said fenno

i hate it, absolutely hate it when people post so and so has a high be im trading them out. Hold up there are only a few rounds left. do you want a mid scoring 100s who has lost 100k or do you want a mid who has made 100k scoring 80s. what a wate of a trade.

I even think dcmagadia21 made a post saying he was going to trade selwood coz he had a high be than about a week later
so glad i kept joel selwood :D :D :D

dcmagadia21

Quote from: The FARK Academy on August 01, 2011, 11:48:08 PM
well said fenno

i hate it, absolutely hate it when people post so and so has a high be im trading them out. Hold up there are only a few rounds left. do you want a mid scoring 100s who has lost 100k or do you want a mid who has made 100k scoring 80s. what a wate of a trade.

I even think dcmagadia21 made a post saying he was going to trade selwood coz he had a high be than about a week later
so glad i kept joel selwood :D :D :D
so glad i kept selwood as well

The F.A.R.K.

i didnt keep selwood i traded him and im happy i did. got boyd. you made a post saying glad i kept selwood after days earlier saying you wanted to trade him because he has a high be

Fireballz

Well I think b/e is important if u have a few trades remaining and you want to maximise your remaining funds. That's why i said if he has an easy league win this week then wait and see if his price drops. Then you save $10,000 or whatever for your next upgrade!
If you're going for overall or you need a league win (or the breakeven is obtainable) then get him asap. But if saving money will help you with your next upgrade during finals then it could be the difference between getting the player you want, and having to settle for the next one down the list.
That's my opinion anyway.

The F.A.R.K.

for how much he could drop in price (lets say 10k max) i think the points are worth it. would rather extra points than cash in the bank. i have 37k in my bank and no trades left.... can i get it in cash please