donut saving trades.

Started by Holz, July 29, 2011, 06:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Jacobs was on my field this week with no cover but he is an out so now im carrying a donut and i go for overall so i need to get rid of it. I only have 2 trades left and only $400. I was thinking of getting rid of higgins as i have 7 forwards so whoever i get will be on the bench and he misses next week anyway.

i have a number of options aviable.

Higgins to dalhalus/ howe/lobe/darling and jacobs to Waters
HIggins to tapscott/gunston and jacobs to suckling
Higgins to Knights and I.Smith to Gram

Zarts

if I had to, knights + gram. Personally, even going for overall, I would just cop the doughnut- not worth burning those trades, could leave you, hypothetically, copping 4 or so doughnuts come finals.

BGK

Man that's a tough one. I don't really like the options at all. Is Jacobs usually a bench warmer? If he is I would go him to Talia and Higgins to anyone.

Holz

Quote from: bestguykai on July 29, 2011, 06:48:40 PM
Man that's a tough one. I don't really like the options at all. Is Jacobs usually a bench warmer? If he is I would go him to Talia and Higgins to anyone.

yeah i have lids and adcock on my bench.

that sounds quite good i could than go higgins to Pav or Cloke my forward mid and rucks would be donut proof. Problem is it would weaken my backline the carlton bye i have gibbs and scotland out so will need to play at least 2 of talia, pup, toy.

BGK

Thats a real tough position there. I really don't know what to say.

Holz

some guy gave me a great idea, higgins into the mids and turn him into gram. I have officially 8 forwards with petrie who can be moved into the forward line and covered by smith or bailey. Leaves me with 1 trade and 40k. If jacobs comes back than i have jacobs, gram, pup and toy need 2 to cover gibbs and scotland. Gram can cover bartle in the gellong bye and only need one of richo, didak, callinan, richo to cover chapman.

Windigo

Go with what's best.

Yep, I'm sitting on the fence.  8)

BGK

It's a good option but is Gram your best option.

Holz

I brought in gram, averaging 90 in the last 2 games and is placed in the centre. Stkilda i think will be on a roll i now have fisher, voldt, gram, montagna, Voldt and is playing goldcoast this round.

CuStArDaRm

Ben jacobs late out FARRRK!
says he hurt his quad will he be back?

Holz

Quote from: CuStArDaRm on July 29, 2011, 07:24:45 PM
Ben jacobs late out FARRRK!
says he hurt his quad will he be back?

i couldn't find any info i hope he comes back i still have him in my team.

Davoo

argh. hibberd hopefully back next week!

GoLions

lol jacobs has hurt me as well. WAS going for overall but have 2 donuts so far this round with only 3 trades left which i am keeping for finals. got a total of around $4mil on the bench this week plus $620,000 on the field not playing.

Holz

Quote from: GoLions on July 29, 2011, 07:35:38 PM
lol jacobs has hurt me as well. WAS going for overall but have 2 donuts so far this round with only 3 trades left which i am keeping for finals. got a total of around $4mil on the bench this week plus $620,000 on the field not playing.

4 mil on the bench? , that would be an average of 400k. Where are you on overall

CuStArDaRm

Quote from: GoLions on July 29, 2011, 07:35:38 PM
haha I have 3 trades left too, with one donut of Jacobs. ranked 450 want to get as high as possible but of course still want to smash my mates ;)
i thinking maybe straight swap for Dan Nicholson or cop the donut. Or double trade for a prem or close to a prem that can cover my back line and mid field for the rest of the year like a gram, unfortunately i dont have mpp from mid to back. Spewing!
got a hard call to make in the next hour!