Main Menu

Where is everyone from?

Started by Zarts, July 29, 2011, 06:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFEV

Quote from: roo boys! on August 02, 2011, 09:52:50 PM
People in Essendon support Essendon or Collingwood. In our school about 40% are Essendon, 30% Collingwood, about 10% don't follow footy and then about 10% Carlton and then 10% the rest :P
In Melbourne :o

Zarts

wow, nsw are comparatively lazy afl supporters.

In my year you probably only had like 10% support any afl club :S

pyronerd

Quote from: Zarts on August 02, 2011, 09:55:29 PM
wow, nsw are comparatively lazy afl supporters.

In my year you probably only had like 10% support any afl club :S
rugby spuds ::) :P

AFEV

My school: 95% Geelong, 2% Collingwood, 2% Carlton, 1% everyone else.

Zarts

ehhh, partially, we did have a large rugby following, I think it's more the fact that there's only one afl team in NSW.

I've actually heard some rugby fans saying they're going to sign up to GWS membership next year :S

pyronerd

Quote from: Sid on August 02, 2011, 10:01:34 PM
My school: 95% Geelong, 2% Collingwood, 2% Carlton, 1% everyone else.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:P

roo boys!

Quote from: Sid on August 02, 2011, 09:54:19 PM
People in Essendon support Essendon or Collingwood. In our school about 40% are Essendon, 30% Collingwood, about 10% don't follow footy and then about 10% Carlton and then 10% the rest :P
Well maybe I was a bit generous, more like 5%, but without in any way trying to be racist, it must be said that there are a fair few Asian children that attend my school, and a fair few Europeans who just follow soccer so yeah...

Fireballz

Quote from: roo boys! on August 02, 2011, 11:05:27 PM
Well maybe I was a bit generous, more like 5%, but without in any way trying to be racist, it must be said that there are a fair few Asian children that attend my school, and a fair few Europeans who just follow soccer so yeah...
Pretty sure that's not racist RB  :P
But that being said, I watched the Swans v Crows game last month at the pub and there was the most passionate Swans supporter i've ever seen and he was this young asian guy. Was hilarious! He got told off for calling the umpire a C.......  :o

AFEV

Quote from: Fireballz on August 02, 2011, 11:55:20 PM
Maybe not racist but saying people 'follow soccer' ... One of the worst insults there are :\ Degrading.

McRooster

Quote from: Sid on August 03, 2011, 12:04:49 AM
Maybe not racist but saying people 'follow soccer' ... One of the worst insults there are :\ Degrading.
Maybe you should try it out Sid, come over to the soccer board and take a penalty shot at Fox Sports A-League, it's Fun for the not too serious soccer lover and it starts in October. Fantasy sports in the off season  ::) Oh the delirious heights ;)
Go United, go you Reds!

roo boys!

Better to be safe then sorry ;)

ossie85

Feeling rather lonely in the ACT!

I'll represent the territories with FF pride

PowerBug

I have 3 other people in my class that support an AFL club. Geelong , Melbourne , Essendon, and me - Port Adelaide. Our teachers seem to be split in two groups as well, Port and Geelong. Not many Crows supporters in my area thankfully.

Master Q

My Area: 60% Carlton, 25% St.Kilda, 10% Collingwood, 5% the rest  :P

fidou

Quote from: ossie85 on August 03, 2011, 09:05:47 AM

Feeling rather lonely in the ACT!

I'll represent the territories with FF pride
Dont worry Im from the ACT also. Although originally a Hobart boy. Then again half of the people in the ACT are from somewhere else.  Its a strange town with League, Union, AFL and Soccer supporters all mixed together without any code getting ahead. Most supporters only go for winning teams. So it you want the support in the ACT WIN.