Main Menu

Where is everyone from?

Started by Zarts, July 29, 2011, 06:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Silent Partner

I'll bring the Adelaide tally to 2 born and bred Adelaidean but support the dockers. Live on the westside in Mile End formerly of the east.
Maybe we should have a FF state of origin league next year with two teams from each state just need a couple more from ACT, Nt and TASSIE. I'm an ideas man! :D

Fireballz

Perth born and bred. North of the river represent!  8)

Zarts

Quote from: blah128 on July 29, 2011, 11:46:32 PM
Hey Zip whereabouts in Blue Mountains? I'm in Blaxland

really? I'm up in winmalee, pretty decent coincidence considering the size of the mountains, and the relative popularity of afl in NSW :P

blah128

Quote from: Zarts on July 30, 2011, 01:51:04 AM
Quote from: blah128 on July 29, 2011, 11:46:32 PM
Hey Zip whereabouts in Blue Mountains? I'm in Blaxland

really? I'm up in winmalee, pretty decent coincidence considering the size of the mountains, and the relative popularity of afl in NSW :P

Definately growing in popularity here tho...and GWS next year will help things along. Thought there'd be quite a few from NSW...but just 15 minutes up the road...small world

Zarts

yeah I agree, there's a relatively large afl base up here (comparatively), pretty small world. Yeah GWS should make a bit of an impact- personally, I'm going to join up as a member for them along with a couple of other mates- it should be good, having more regular afl games closer to home.

I'm actually taking up the sport myself next year :P

blah128

One of my good friends works in junior development for the AFL. She did quite a bit of work with GWS too and got a lot of our friends onto the bandwagon. We were dressed head to toe in orange at the NAB cup games when they got smashed by Swans and Suns earlier in the year. Looking forward to going to a lot more games and cheering the Giants on...except when they play the Saints  :)
Considered playing a few years ago, did play quite a bit at school over 10 years ago, but I love playing soccer too much. Still good having a kick around with some mates.

Zarts

yeah, only issue with me is I need to get my legs/knees 100% by next season, and considering I don't get back from europe until november, and then need to start prepping for uni,  could be a challenge :P

Holz

Quote from: Fireballz on July 30, 2011, 01:16:20 AM

Same except im from the good side of the river.

Fireballz

Quote from: Holzman on July 30, 2011, 02:39:33 AM
Quote from: Fireballz on July 30, 2011, 01:16:20 AM

Same except im from the good side of the river.
Pfft as if! I live in Mt Lawley and we have Grill'd!

Game. Set. Match.

Windigo

QuotePfft as if! I live in Mt Lawley and we have Grill'd!

Nothing on us! Back in the day the town was booming. There's a sawmill down the road that is closed now but all the stuffs still there....As in kindling in the plastics bag, boots, shovels, chemicals, trucks & all the old sawing stuff. Also there some old bloke who lives in a caravan down there....His one weird fella.  ;)

BGK

I was born in Ferntree Gully. Moved to Mildura, then Traralgon. When I was 11 we moved to Rockhampton in Queensland. It was even harder to follow AFL there than in Brisbane where I am now. My love for footy flourished once I moved back to somewhere that you get to see your team play once a year.

MajorLazer

I'm from Sandringham in Victoria.

That's about it. :P

nas

Born in SA & grew up in Rosewater which is in Port Adelaide, moved around a few SA suburbs, Cheltenham, Seaton, Morphettvale, & moved to Qld to a place called Ormeau. Settled here now & if i do move it will be across the M1 to acreage.

elephants

Maca24

So roost and pyro are cousins?