Tippett out - late news - Fri, 29 July 2011

Started by j959, July 29, 2011, 04:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j959

Tippett out of Port clash

Source: afl.com.au - 29 Jul 2011

ADELAIDE forward Kurt Tippett has been ruled out of Showdown XXXI at AAMI Stadium on Sunday with a hamstring strain.

Tippett developed soreness in his hamstring after training on Wednesday and scans have revealed a minor strain.

Caretaker coach Mark Bickley said he expected the Crows' leading goalkicker to miss at least a fortnight.

"Kurt won't play and there's rarely such thing as a one-week hamstring," Bickley said on Friday.

"We haven't been relying on Kurt to kick our winning score … we haven't been scoring that well at all, and I don’t think Kurt has kicked a goal in the last two weeks.

"While it's a blow … one of the things we've been guilty [of], and that's been talked about is that we go to Kurt too much.

"If anything, it perhaps gives us a little bit [of] unpredictability about the way we go into our forward line."

Tippett and Brad Symes (jaw) are the only confirmed exclusions from the team that lost to St Kilda by 103 points last week, but Bickley revealed both Taylor Walker and rookie-listed onballer Aidan Riley would play against the Power.

Walker hasn't played since injuring his knee against the Brisbane Lions in round 10, while Riley will become the first player from Wollongong to play AFL when he makes his debut on Sunday.

"It's fantastic for Aidan," Bickley said.

"He's a really good story for our footy club, (as a player) out of the NSW scholarship group of players.

"He's showed some really good form in the SANFL. He's a rugged, robust young fella and we think the Showdown style [of game] will suit him."

More to follow…

Link to article: http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/119722/default.aspx

Dizzy

no one has Tippett anyway, so does it really matter?

Zarts

'I don’t think Kurt has kicked a goal in the last two weeks'

are you surprised? Your entire team only scored 3 goals last week...

j959

Quote from: Dizzy on July 29, 2011, 04:22:26 PM
no one has Tippett anyway, so does it really matter?
yeah, i was thinking of putting a pre-comment of ...

"not really relevant fantasy-wise but ... "

some people do have him as their Petrie MPP link though (not many) ...

BGK

Can Port get of the bottom of the Ladder? What a shower game this one is going to be. I dont blame anyone in Adelaide for not going to this game.

chaosAD

Can u put some more info on this topic up please, really interested in this.......NOT !

The F.A.R.K.

doesnt matter fatasy wise????

this could decide the showdown. who will crows kick to now. they have paid tippett big bucks and kept him off gold coast, built their plans around him. kick high nd long and hope tippett can mark it. no porps no tippett who will they kick to.

this could change the scores most fantasy players get

with this i would suggest maric to play ruck and moran to slot into full foward where he has been tearing up sanfl.

glam77

moran out too, so that last plan wont work