HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! :O

Started by dcmagadia21, July 28, 2011, 11:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcmagadia21

Hello everyone :)

I only have $2,900 in the bank and 3 trades left. I need to offload Shaw but I can't afford anyone good for him. I could do a double trade (trade Tom Lynch to a cheapie) and get anyone for Shaw (Waters, Birchall, Martin etc.) Doing a double trade in this part of the season is just risky but I just want to get rid of Shaw. What should I do???

The F.A.R.K.

if a double trade is needed a double trade is needed

look at it
if you really NEED it do it

you have to offload shaw and you need cash. if you use your downgrade money all on uograde money what are you going to do with your final trade. you may get stuck unless sideways or downgrading with final trade

Zarts

what about going for a fish?

er

:P

dcmagadia21

Quote from: Zarts on July 28, 2011, 11:23:57 PM

er

Zarts, I already have Fisher in my backline.

The F.A.R.K.

think he already has him
wouldnt mind a fish.

PowerBug

Zarts could mean actually going for a fish :P

Jared Petrenko? I like the guy.

Nails

Quote from: dcmagadia21 on July 28, 2011, 11:25:18 PM

er

That's why it's a good idea and common procedure to list the players you have in your backline so other forum members don't waste time trying to give you advice on other players you already have.  :-X

dcmagadia21

Quote from: Nails on July 28, 2011, 11:27:41 PM
Quote from: dcmagadia21 on July 28, 2011, 11:25:18 PM

er

That's why it's a good idea and common procedure to list the players you have in your backline so other forum members don't waste time trying to give you advice on other players you already have.  :-X
My backline:

Gibbs, Deledio, Goddard, Enright, Fisher, SHAW, Adcock --- Heppell, Stanley, Puopolo

The F.A.R.K.

look i would do lynch downgrade and heater to birchall. no byes proven and scoring well
it would be waste to keep heater on bench and play rookies as cover

The F.A.R.K.

mate you have said before you are going to do selwood to gaj so it works perfect
youre season is afrked anyway with only 3 trades so might as well make team strong and try and peg back some points

this week

lynch downgrade to callinan
heath shaw to brichall

soon (maybe two weeks)

selwood to gaj.
works with the bank and makes youre team strong. do it

Spite

With that backline (heppell and stanley on the bench) you probably don't need to double, its not worth it. Go to Xavier Ellis, petrenko, rawlings even :O

The F.A.R.K.

but for someone with 3 TRADES LEFT he should be playing it safe.
if you take a risk and get ellis, rawlings or trenko then if it backfires you will have no trades to fix it.
other option is to downgrade to a cheap rookie and play heppell or stanley for rest of year. the way stanley is going he is just as good as any of the players mentioned so far

this downgrade will give you cash for your last 2 trades

LaHug

Quote from: dcmagadia21 on July 28, 2011, 11:29:52 PM
My backline:

Gibbs, Deledio, Goddard, Enright, Fisher, SHAW, Adcock --- Heppell, Stanley, Puopolo
With that backline, I wouldn't bother trading Shaw. You only have three trades to last you the rest of the season and I would be very, very happy with fielding Stanley every week. Hell, I'd even play Stanley ahead of Enright, Fisher and Adcock right now. Just leave your backline and save those trades.

bundyboy

Quote from: LaHug on July 28, 2011, 11:51:44 PM
Quote from: dcmagadia21 on July 28, 2011, 11:29:52 PM
My backline:

With that backline, I wouldn't bother trading Shaw. You only have three trades to last you the rest of the season and I would be very, very happy with fielding Stanley every week. Hell, I'd even play Stanley ahead of Enright, Fisher and Adcock right now. Just leave your backline and save those trades.

well said LaHug.... plenty of good cover there....especially this week with multi byes...

save the trade = you will probably need it more elsewhere before the season is over  ;)

Chopps

keep the trades and treat shaw like money in the bank, when you need him for cash make the trade then