Main Menu

FFPL2: Round 3 Odds and Discussion

Started by Maca24, July 26, 2011, 10:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maca24

Well after a week off, the odds and reviews are back.
Valk is sitting pretty on top, but has BB, Cookie and Hilly up his tail. Daz and Nails have started slow but im sure both guys will bounce back.

Cookie (1.62) vs Roost (2.34) - Pitch: Crumbling

Close contest here, with Cookies recent form making him the slight favourite.
Crumbling pitch has been dealt, meaning both guys batting performances will be paramount to who wins.
Cookies looks slighty stronger, with Clutch Player Chris Gayle always there to perform if a collapse happens.
Roost's Fast engine will be looking to tear through cookie, with spinner Michael Keady frothing at the pitch condition.

Hilly (1.05) vs Nails (7.25) - Pitch: Crumbling

Nails performed well last week against a weakened Cookie lineup, and will be looking to push Hilly to a close finish.
Hilly is undefeated, and a win could take him to the top of the ladder.
Another crumbling pitch! Ud-Din will be looking to cause carnage for Nails, with conditions suiting him nicely.
Hillys seamer Herbert Cudjoe is coming off a 6 wicket haul, destroying Maca's top order in his previous game.

Valkorum (2.20) vs Bratpack (1.56) - Pitch: Flat

Match of the round IMO.
Flat picth will support BP's deep lineup, but I think the pitch could be equally affective for Valks men.
Valk sits on top of the Ladder, although Bratpack has had the best ratings of the tournament so far.
Lewis Mackenzie is coming off a 5fa for Valk, with his opening batsman Findlay also in good form with a century.
Wrist spinner Graham Roberts has done one better than L-Mac with 6 wickets in his last FFPL outing.
Going to be a great contest between these two giant teams.

Bomberboy (1.23) vs Dazburg (3.52) - Pitch: Dry

Bomberboy knocked off top dog Bratpack, and solidified himself as the man to beat.
Daz has struggled of late, but he thrives on these contests and will certainly push BB.
Dry pitch will support BB's three pronged spin attack.
Daz's Captain Chris Julian will be looking to set a good innings for The Greatness after a dissapointing duck last week.
Luke Smyth is in good form for BB, and will be a hard task for Daz to depart.

Hello (1.37) vs Maca (2.78) - Pitch: Slow

HP had a good win over Daz last week and will be coming into a contest with an underperforming Maca.
Pitch will suit both teams, although Hello's gun spinner Karmarker Sreedar will be beastly and hard to stop for Maca.
Dirkjan Wilmink is coming off a massive 134, and is an important cog in the Hello batting order.
Maca will look to build an innings based around star Wilfred MacKintosh. He will also be hoping that Youngster French can perform after a terrible start to the season. Odds are in Hello's favour and this match should be a one-way contest.

cookie311993

Stuff this playing full strength this week

Maca24

My writeups have improved after my stint at the local paper  :P

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Maca24 on July 26, 2011, 10:49:22 PM
Bahaha!!! CONSPIRACY!!! :P.

Great job with the writeups this week Maca. Although heavy favourites over you is far from the truth :o. DOn't you rate in excess of 170k, trying to make some money off yourself? I smell a Nick Maxwell's "family" incident all over again ;).

Maca24

Quote from: Hellopplz on July 26, 2011, 10:57:05 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on July 26, 2011, 10:49:22 PM
Bahaha!!! CONSPIRACY!!! :P.

Great job with the writeups this week Maca. Although heavy favourites over you is far from the truth :o. DOn't you rate in excess of 170k, trying to make some money off yourself? I smell a Nick Maxwell's "family" incident all over again ;).
lol thanks HP. Nah i sold most of my oldies, so I currently rate 155Kish.
Your definitely the fave with my recent form  ;)

Justin Bieber

Wilmink cost me 372k but has been far my best performer this season :o. Also he's my second best player wage wise by quite some way :P. My squad is generally quite low primary wise ;).

Maca24

Quote from: Hellopplz on July 26, 2011, 11:10:01 PM
Wilmink cost me 372k but has been far my best performer this season :o. Also he's my second best player wage wise by quite some way :P. My squad is generally quite low primary wise ;).
Certainly a great player there. Yeh but every player you have is solid in secondaries.  :P

cookie311993

I only get a few matches on my best pitches.  :(

Nails

McRooster

Quote from: cookie311993 on July 26, 2011, 10:47:44 PM
Stuff this playing full strength this week
Oh you had better  ;)

Nothing like playing a cookie on a crumbling, pitch condition already predicting he will go to pieces  :P

cookie311993

Haha hopefully not Roost. Playing full strength with one spinner and am expecting some good pops again this week one being from my 24 year old Finger spinner

McRooster

Strap yourselves in, she's gonna be a wild ride - fro! style  8)

cookie311993

I am playing the great dark horse himself

cookie311993

awesome have gotten Roost's first 3 batters out already which seem to be his best batters :)

cookie311993