15 (21.4%)
Broughton
17 (24.3%)
Fisher
14 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 4

dreamkiller

Thinking of finishing defense

going to be either lower, puopolo or hibberd getting the axe. who? and who for?

7 trades 53k

jvalles

TMurphBROWNLOW

jvalles

By my calcs you can't afford Broughton or Martin unless you double trade.

dreamkiller

yes you are correct, is it still worth it doubling to get those guys in, or is it better to single trade to a cheaper premium. therefore leaving trades for finals and upgrading elsewhere,

team is virtually finished, need final defender and second ruck.
ruck division cox, smith (bailey, lobbe)

jvalles

Quote from: dreamkiller on July 25, 2011, 09:09:41 PM
yes you are correct, is it still worth it doubling to get those guys in, or is it better to single trade to a cheaper premium. therefore leaving trades for finals and upgrading elsewhere,

Only reason why I noticed that is coz I have about the same in the bank and am trading Puopolo or Hibberd to most likely Adcock at this stage after his bye.  If I could afford it, personally I'd go Waters, he will absolutely destroy the Bulldogs this week.  I'd go Martin 2nd, but based on Waters price I wouldn't hesitate.  Broughton will slowly be pushed back to a defensive role, his scores dried up as soon as Duffield came on as the supersub.  Birchall will get you consistent 7-90's, maybe 100's, but won't get you a huge score which is what Waters is capable of.  Fisher is great, but looks like Gram is getting fitter and stealing some of his backline points.  No one will steal Waters points, he is the loose man in defensive picking up all the marks and picking up the easy posessions.

dreamkiller

might hold a week on beau, how much is his b/e?

i wanna see one more week of him.

Wes Mantooth

Double trades at this time of year for one defender is a massive waste. You'll regret it mate.

Birchall or Broughton... Broughts too inconsistent for mine, Birch has had two low games but he'll bounce back.

jvalles

Quote from: dreamkiller on July 25, 2011, 09:55:03 PM
might hold a week on beau, how much is his b/e?

i wanna see one more week of him.

Bulldogs give up a lot of 100pt dters, wait on him if you want, but he is hard as nails.

bundyboy

none of the above...  i am going for a smokey... ;)

sorry - but everyone looking at these guys, so if you want to win, search further..

stevemac

Quote from: bundyboy on July 25, 2011, 10:35:43 PM
none of the above...  i am going for a smokey... ;)

sorry - but everyone looking at these guys, so if you want to win, search further..

scott stevens retired a few weeks ago

bundyboy

PorkSwords

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: jvalles on July 25, 2011, 09:16:17 PM
Quote from: dreamkiller on July 25, 2011, 09:09:41 PM

Only reason why I noticed that is coz I have about the same in the bank and am trading Puopolo or Hibberd to most likely Adcock at this stage after his bye.  If I could afford it, personally I'd go Waters, he will absolutely destroy the Bulldogs this week.  I'd go Martin 2nd, but based on Waters price I wouldn't hesitate.  Broughton will slowly be pushed back to a defensive role, his scores dried up as soon as Duffield came on as the supersub.  Birchall will get you consistent 7-90's, maybe 100's, but won't get you a huge score which is what Waters is capable of.  Fisher is great, but looks like Gram is getting fitter and stealing some of his backline points.  No one will steal Waters points, he is the loose man in defensive picking up all the marks and picking up the easy posessions.

id say birchalls ceiling is higher then waters with the hawthorn chipp and mark gameplan

bundyboy

don't call me shirley ;)

but have another look at Petrenko.....

slow start this year, wasn;t quite right, and slowly got fit, and has clearly been given more lee-way to run through midfield.

he is quick, runs all day now, won't get subbed for the rest of the year as he has just hit his fitness peak - and has shown that he can pull 100's consistently

also unique..

also cheap..

I love suckling, and have been saying all year how good he was - but now with Ellis, Birchall and Suckling all really playing the same role - i think they will share too much between them, so big scores are gone.
Martin - really surprising, and good choice - but no longer cheap
Fisher - would have been #1 choice 3 weeks ago, but really struggling a bit , and is he injured?
Waters - love the way he goes, and great run home - so another good choice, and time to get him now if you want him