N Riewoldt gone

Started by tappy21, July 25, 2011, 05:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tappy21

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/119397/default.aspx

one week with early plea, maybe fair enough. but initially worth 3 weeks!! what is going on with the match review panel?

Zarts

smeh, no biggie- just means I lose him for the multi bye :P

tappy21

correct - good timing by him!

thatguy

Fireballz

That is an absolute disgrace. I wouldn't be surprised if he challenged it and got 3 weeks but I really hope not.

MRP is a farce.

Windigo

Would he contest it? "Engaging." He like ran into him!

The F.A.R.K.

The way the MRP are handling out suspensions i think they might have just laid a lazy Heath $5 Shaw bet on chris judd to win another brownlow

cant see pendles or swan getting it coz they have both had up and down years (in their terms by down i mean 24 possesions instead of 40), selwood banned, buddy banned, goddard up and down, ablett up and down, gibbs up and down, watson inured, Montagna injured

the real contendors are Marc Murphy, Judd and Boyd, maybe cox

tappy21

Quote from: Fireballz on July 25, 2011, 06:18:33 PM
That is an absolute disgrace. I wouldn't be surprised if he challenged it and got 3 weeks but I really hope not.

MRP is a farce.

ive just watched the video on that link, symes ran into him and riewoldt was pretty much covering up so he didnt get hurt. hes a taller bloke so of course his shoulder is going to collect symes face. how can that possible attract a 3 week penalty. horrible system

RiOtChEsS

i guess it was there... barely :-\

it was more a case of much taller than Symes and he only stood his ground really...

Windigo

Quotesymes ran into him and riewoldt was pretty much covering up so he didnt get hurt.

Exactly. It was accidental. 3 weeks? What about C.Brown's massive hit!

He should contest it. No way he could lose.

LaHug

Lucky I have the Petrie/Tippett was up my sleeve :)

elephants

Bollocks but i have sufficient forward line cover in Lobbe/smith/mzungu.

tappy21

Quote from: Windigo on July 25, 2011, 06:32:55 PM
Quotesymes ran into him and riewoldt was pretty much covering up so he didnt get hurt.

Exactly. It was accidental. 3 weeks? What about C.Brown's massive hit!

He should contest it. No way he could lose.

intersting to see what happens here windigo. unfortunately i dont think the saints can challenge it knowing that the only result there is either hes free to play against GC (one of the bottom teams) or risk not having him for 3 weeks. as obvious as it is that this is a rubbish decision, i dont think they will challenge on those grounds as the tribunal has been pretty stubborn about being challenged since this system was introduced. not many have been overturned. which is another reason why this system fails.

KBcokebotl

who runs this so called match review panel  netball aust or something.
3 games for that????? , just imagine if he had a bad record would he have gotten 4 weeks.
wot a joke , next year the afl will prolly introduce compulsory helmets and shoulder pads

dmagnus

skullcaps wouldnt be a bad thing given the prevalency of concussions these days