Main Menu

Craig Quits!

Started by BratPack, July 25, 2011, 03:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BratPack

CrowsFan

Just about to post that myself.
Knew he was going to get the sack so quit before they could. Hopefully we see a change of attitude at the Crows now

DG

sad day, but unfortunately had to happen. Hopefully they conduct an extensive review and we appoint someone with experience, preferably from outside the club. I think we need a completely clean slate in terms of game plan.

Cheers though Craigy, hopefully sticks around in some capacity at the club

RiOtChEsS

never sacked a coach yet at Adelaide according to Blighty so it would have been more a mutual decision...

i think Adelaide need to look beyond Bickley for next year a-la the Port situation with Primus winning 5 of 7 only to slump this year...

ossie85

Cruiseon

He just couldn't continue with the performances the Crows have been giving. It will be interesting whether Adelaide can still manage the situation with any dignity noting where Essendon failed with Sheedy & Port with Williams.

I actually don't think Craig was much of a coach given the personel he had at his disposal but he is an impressive individual. I always thought him to be more suited to a Director of Football type role than coach.   

j959

coaches generally seem to get it in the neck for players not putting in, though Craig seems to have struggled with in-game strategy this year as opposed to a couple of seasons back but is maybe more a reflection of the personnel at his disposal?

8-6 Suited

Quote from: Cruiseon on July 25, 2011, 04:30:45 PM
I actually don't think Craig was much of a coach given the personel he had at his disposal but he is an impressive individual. I always thought him to be more suited to a Director of Football type role than coach.   

I completely agree. I think as an individual, he is a fantastic and intriguing guy but I don't believe that his methods as a coach worked.

Master Q

Expected it but still surprised.

You have to admit though, he didn't have much to work with  :P

RiOtChEsS

transparent, refreshing and classy press conference...

every club could/should take a leaf, it was very impressive...

LaHug

Adelaide and Craig have done well to make this clean. I was waiting for "Craig sacked" to be a headline. Good to see a civil departure.

Cruiseon

Quote from: Master Q on July 25, 2011, 06:18:27 PM
Expected it but still surprised.

You have to admit though, he didn't have much to work with  :P

McCleod, Bickley, Ricciuto, Edwards, Goodwin, Burton, Hart, Bock, Rutten to name a few? - it's a pretty good base to never have made a GF and to have very poor finals record.  I don;t think the cattle were a problem over the journey.

Hawka

didnt have much to work with?

my dad (lives in adelaide) rtold me that crows have the players and there much more of a quality team compared to power.However adelaide dont rely try hard and there coach(former coach now) is hopeless.as compared to power who try alot harder and have a better coach

pyronerd

Quote from: hawka26 on July 25, 2011, 07:35:24 PM
didnt have much to work with?

my dad (lives in adelaide) rtold me that crows have the players and there much more of a quality team compared to power.However adelaide dont rely try hard and there coach(former coach now) is hopeless.as compared to power who try alot harder and have a better coach
adelaides performance against us was nothing but woeful, no tackling pressure was applied to us at all (Goddard had 28 uncontested possessions :o) if our disposal was good we would have won by 200 points :-X

nas

Will be awaiting Rooster comments with great anticipation as one of the few on here who does wear his heart on his sleeve. Crows Fan comments re attitude, do you go outside or stay indoors?