Stefan Martin
6 (13.6%)
Fisher
13 (29.5%)
Beau Waters
6 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Alka

I was going to upgrade last week from Poo to Birchall, but had a very easy league game so decided to hold.
Poo didn't exactly rise as much as I would have liked. However Birchall had his 3rd low scoring game in a row and this has me concerned. Especially as his last two have been against easy opposition (Brisbane and Melbourne).

My other concern is that while the Hawks have an easy run home, which should yield high scores, it also means high probability for players being rested for finals.

Waters I really like the look of, and would be a great unique. Should play out the rest of the games to get into form for finals right? He's probably my preferred option behind Birchall atm.

Opinions on the above options?

BillyBass

Quote from: Alka on July 25, 2011, 12:23:15 PM
I was going to upgrade last week from Poo to Birchall, but had a very easy league game so decided to hold.
Poo didn't exactly rise as much as I would have liked. However Birchall had his 3rd low scoring game in a row and this has me concerned. Especially as his last two have been against easy opposition (Brisbane and Melbourne).

My other concern is that while the Hawks have an easy run home, which should yield high scores, it also means high probability for players being rested for finals.

Waters I really like the look of, and would be a great unique. Should play out the rest of the games to get into form for finals right? He's probably my preferred option behind Birchall atm.

Opinions on the above options?

We're all waiting for the Poo to drop  ;D

My pick would be Suckling. He is a much more penetrating kick than Birchall and is used more often as well.

Blueboys

Wes Mantooth

nothing wrong with birch having a a few 'low' games. 70 points as a low is fine. if you took that approach with redden in round 9 you would be looking at your pants around your ankles.

suckling or birch with the hawks style of play. stay away from fisher.

Alka

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on July 25, 2011, 02:34:58 PM
nothing wrong with birch having a a few 'low' games. 70 points as a low is fine. if you took that approach with redden in round 9 you would be looking at your pants around your ankles.

suckling or birch with the hawks style of play. stay away from fisher.

I was thinking the same about Fisher, he's my least preferred of the five.
My concern with Suckling is he might get more attention than Birchall and hence score lower.

dreamkiller

why are ppl not keen on fisher? could be close to straight swap with lower
is his scoring gonna go down? or is he carrying injury?

Alka

in my mind he'll be the lowest scorer of those five, and money is not a concern here, I just want the player to gain me the most points up to seasons end. He has shown he can score low and seems to now be coping more attention from the opposition.

The Grundles

Suckling for me...should come back with a vengence this week, despite the win, the hawks missed his good ball use on the weekend

Alka

How is Fisher winning this poll? I'd love to hear from the Fisher supporters.

I don't see how he will out-score the other 4 for the season.
Has shown he can be taken out of a game and score very low (see his 33).
And will cop attention from opposition players in games to come. The Saints run home is quite tough.

I just don't understand why everyone think he's such a great option at the moment?
Don't get me wrong, I don't think he'll do terribly, he's just nowhere near #1 on that list for me. Atm I'm very much leaning towards Waters.