Main Menu

Le Tour de France

Started by Cruiseon, July 23, 2011, 02:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruiseon

I don't know how many of you have been doing the late night long hours watching but I just wanted to share how amazing the Tour de France has been this year. The mountains have been complete madness, scenery beautiful & the riding amazing.

A huge finish awaits.

RiOtChEsS

why do they allow those idiots on the road :o

BGK

I haven't bee watching due to having to get up at 4:30am each morning. But I've been following it keenly. I've never been a Cadel fan but he has certainly won me over. His rides the last couple of days have been awesome. I will watch tonight with my fingers crossed he can make up the 57 seconds.

BratPack

Well Cadel has a better chance of getting a minute off the Schlecks in a time trial than he does Contador. If he doesn't get yellow tonight he'll NEVER win it

Master Q

Been watching it most nights, except for the past 2 (which have been amazing) as I've had stuff to do.

Justin Bieber

During my holidays been watching the entire thing most nights. School this week made me watch the highlights except for last night 8). Now comes the pointy end of things with the attacks from the top coming. Contador was just :o last night up accelerating up the mountain to lose the Schlecks and Cadel. Tonights the individual Time Trial so everybody is expecting Cadel to get the yellow.

Quote from: Marcz on July 23, 2011, 02:38:41 AM
why do they allow those idiots on the road :o
I know right ::).

RiOtChEsS

madness, if certain fans were pulling for a rider whats to stop them knocking another over? riders should have tasers :P

provided the best racers roll out last il pick it up after i finish watching the recorded Blues Vs Bombers...

Justin Bieber

I'll be stuck watching the last hour of the race as I'm going to the game :-\. Would record the Tour but takes up too much space :'(. Might have to clean up the space for it....

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Hellopplz on July 23, 2011, 12:04:28 PM
I'll be stuck watching the last hour of the race as I'm going to the game :-\. Would record the Tour but takes up too much space :'(. Might have to clean up the space for it....

another going to the game ::) damn it ive seriously gotta get some better staff so i can go to one of these :-X

i might put it on the tour when i get home and then hit record while i watch the footy...

cant record two things at the same time without it being on one of the channels...

http://www.cadelevans.com.au/cadelsdiary.aspx

Justin Bieber

Yeah, I hate that >:(. I have a bunch of stuff recorded (Like the TUF Season 1 Finale, Griffen Vs Bonnar FTW :D). I tend to watch that stuff and watch the recordings after they've finished or an hour in.

I rarely go to games, especially Essendon ones :(.

RiOtChEsS

season 1 was awesome, even the rematch YES the rematch :P is awesome ;)

hope u enjoy the game HP the G is gonna be rockin...

rumor has it Junior Judd is ready to come into the world and Chris may miss tonights game :o

Justin Bieber

Well we are missing Watson and Hocking so can use the help with him missing :P. But would be a shame if he missed the birth :-\.

I watched UFC Greatest 100 fights last night and saw the highlights of Griffen Vs Bonnar fight. Man it looked Spectacular :o. Might youtube the rematch at a later date, thanks.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Hellopplz on July 23, 2011, 02:48:40 PM
Well we are missing Watson and Hocking so can use the help with him missing :P. But would be a shame if he missed the birth :-\.

I watched UFC Greatest 100 fights last night and saw the highlights of Griffen Vs Bonnar fight. Man it looked Spectacular :o. Might youtube the rematch at a later date, thanks.

i dont really mind if he misses, its what any good man would do ;) (hold it in, hold it in Rebecca :P )

definitely a classic, toe to toe all the way... pretty much any Stefan Bonnar fight is a blood bath and great viewing ;)

Usman

The issue is does Cadel have the legs to take 57 seconds of Andy. They both look fresh but cadel has pushed trhough the last 2 stages practically by himself. The Good news is schleck has been riding hard too and may not pull up well (fingers crossed)

Although Cadel is a great time trialist Andy is not a pushover and 57 seconds makes for a very tight finish. Cadel should be able to make up the time with a reasonably long 42km time trial tonight but its going to be tough. Hopefully the mechanical early yesterday was a miracle in disguise as Cadel was able to ride with the peleton and rest for a little while yesterday to freshen up (when he wasnt monstering it up the mountains to catch Andy and alberto after the initial break.)

Wes Mantooth

just saying... but afl players have nothing on these guys. the endurance, smarts, skill, tactics and pure power leave afl players in the dark. the most amazing athletes in the world in my opinion...

best tour in years.

go cadel! this is your time.