Benching Riewoldt fair call?

Started by chatters24, July 21, 2011, 11:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatters24

So is putting Nick Riewoldt on the bench this weekend a fair call? My 7 fwd's coming before him are:

Stevie J, Fyfe, Goodes, Pav, Cloke, Chappy, Buddy.

If not, who should I be benching??

Zarts

you don't have anyone missing in your team?

no injuries, suspension etc. in your mids? because if so I would dpp someone back and play riewoldt.

Pity you have to bench him now he has some semblance of form, but to be fair, he probably is the weak link in that fwd line.  Annoyingly enough, voldt will probably pull out a quite decent score, while one of those 7 will probs have a flop, issue is, you can't tell who :P

Cruiseon

Use your MMP to put Chappy or Pav in your midfield

Zarts

that's presuming he has a midfield hole he needs to fill.

LaHug

It's a Port Adelaide bye... Nobody should be missing midfielders.

The Grundles

question is what does his midfield look like?

if he's asking this question its probably

pendles, swan, murphy, mitchell, swallow, heppell ....etc etc etc :P

chatters24

My mids are Boyd, Pendles, Swan, Thompson, Mitchell and Montagna. So no real holes there. Weak link is Montagna but he has a better avg and scoring potential than the Voldt so that's not an option.

plugz19

yeah bench him over your other forwards mate. fair call, deserved call, riewoldt pick up your game call

Cruiseon

Fair enough the bench it is.

Hugely overrated player, lets not forget when they are talking about great forwards that he couldn't even make your DT forward line fully fit!! I'm not saying he doesn;t try hard, its just he doesn't make much impact.

chatters24

He in my mind is no longer a must pick at the start of the season, even regardless of his price. At any price I think I'll still be thinking very carefully about him next year, he just seem's to have lost that something special that really made him a dt superstar

glam77

please bench roo.

murphys law of dt means as soon as you bench him he will score 120+, ....and he will be on my filed this weekend.

thornz23

lol im gna bench him for isaac smith this week..

chatters24

Quote from: glam77 on July 22, 2011, 12:34:02 PM
please bench roo.

murphys law of dt means as soon as you bench him he will score 120+, ....and he will be on my filed this weekend.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

I think everyone needs to give me a massive thank you this week for benching Roo!!

bundyboy

Nails

My opponent benched Roo, but she doesn't have Fisher  ::)

damn you Fisher, given me a lot of pain as of late... lucky I had you from the start  ::)