Did anyone actually have any faith...?

Started by The Grundles, July 20, 2011, 08:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Grundles

...in Broughton to return to form?

Most consistent defender over the last 4 rounds...hands up if you stuck with him from the beginning of the year.

Chelskiman

I did.  Started with him, endured his poor start, then laughed at everyone who traded him.  He was a bit of a unique in my league too, with only one other person having started with him, but now everyone in my league is jumping on board which has annoyed me.

whorya

yep i did too...i dont trade guns out - if they were guns at the start they will find form. its a waste of a trade. this is why i have stacks of trades left and cash and a full team including an extra mid/fwd...coz i didnt do sideways trades!!

Cruiseon

He was in my side from round 1 although I'd hardly say he's been an awesome performer. Glad he is coming good at the right time year.

myalup mullets

had him the whole year. Happy now, wasnt at the halfway point of the year

elephants

I started with duffman but props to all that stuck by broughts!

CFC 1979

didn't get him. too expensive

i hope freo get their mids back so he can go back to scoring less :'(

oc16

i had broughton from the start but traded him out in rd 9 when he was in poor form and was averaging 66. i got adcock who was averaging 100 at the time for him. im rly starting to regret that trade now coz since then its been as if they have traded places. probs the worst decision ive made all year :(

Davoo

traded him round 7. he was meant to be a gun in my team. he was consistently getting ridiculous scores as well as missing a game. itll be interesting to see how well he goes towards the end of the year, if he has only 1 or 2 scores above 100 then im glad i traded him out.

j959

i 'brought' him in for rd13 when he had bottomed out, over Hurn at which Hurn smashed it against Port and I thought ... flower, i picked wrongly ...

but it seems it was a decent punt for the moment ... i am worried about Barlow getting back to full games and will have to see what Harvey does with Suban replacing Hayden - might be back to the back-line for Broughts!!!  :o    :(

Chelskiman

I don't think he will go back, and if he does only for short periods.  One of the reasons Freo are still in the 8 is because Broughton has been so vital to them in the midfield.  Putting him back, despite all the players coming back, would be a bad move.  I'm not saying this just because I have him, but even the media have now picked up on his importance to the team in recent weeks.

BillMurray

Traded him in rd 3 for Suckling who was 250k at that point. Proved to be a masterstroke while broughts stunk it up through middle portion of the year esp for my league games.

jvalles

Faith? I'll go you one better and "brought" him in at rock bottom price, how do you like them apples!  8)

thatguy

Quote from: Chelskiman on July 21, 2011, 01:06:32 PM
I don't think he will go back, and if he does only for short periods.  One of the reasons Freo are still in the 8 is because Broughton has been so vital to them in the midfield.  Putting him back, despite all the players coming back, would be a bad move.  I'm not saying this just because I have him, but even the media have now picked up on his importance to the team in recent weeks.
a fit barlow and mundy back will definitly take his midfield time though. cant play them all in there, so where does broughton go when mundy is back?

Zarts