Main Menu

ESPN 30 for 30...

Started by RiOtChEsS, July 20, 2011, 03:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

For those of u who have pay tv this Thursday on ESPN there is a documentary airing "silly little game" on the origin and the inventors of fantasy sports which is what has brought us all together on this site, its a 30 for 30 which is an amazing series of documentaries on great stories in sport with behind the scenes footage and interviews sometimes never seen before... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/30_for_30 and http://30for30.espn.com/

i wont give too much away but if u dont have pay tv u can certainly follow links from the links ive posted and have a read, its quality 8)

MajorLazer

Love the 30 for 30 series. Great shows. ;D

Already seen this one, but may watch it again as its a good one.

elephants

Sounds great. Haven't heard of this series but I'll be watching for sure!
Cheers Marcz!

roo boys!

Will watch it online/follow it/whatever :P like you mentioned. Don't have Foxtel, really need it...

MajorLazer

Definitely try and watch some of the series guys. Really interesting.

The best one IMO was the Hank Gathers one. So unfortunate. :(

RIP.

Cicjose

The Two Escobars is absolute quality

The Fab Five was worth the watch

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Cicjose on July 20, 2011, 11:55:28 PM
The Two Escobars is absolute quality

The Fab Five was worth the watch
yeah i definitely cant say enough about the series havent seen a bad one yet...

the most recent one i saw with Ali Vs Holmes was :-\ it really took something from me...

the fact that both ppl were leeching off Ali to the point he had to fight in that condition and he was granted a boxing license made me so angry >:( when asked to touch his nose he could not accurately do so, his speech was already clearly slurred and he could hardly move with any purpose yet he was granted another fight after this one :o it went 10 rounds in which he landed less than 10 punches :o http://www.nytimes.com/books/98/10/25/specials/ali-holmesstops.html made me so mad they didnt stop the fight >:(

there was a video of him laying down days before the fight in which he claimed " i saw it, i just saw it i destroyed Holmes" as he always had proclaiming visions of how he would win but yet the way he said it makes me feel sick bcos he clearly has sustained brain injuries to the point where he sounds like an old man and u wouldnt want this champion to fight and they let him ::)

The Silent Partner

will definitely series link that sounds good cheers for the heads up Marcz!

valkorum

RiOtChEsS

no worries ;)

i think 7:30pm eastern :-\ u would have to search ur tv guide/planner being in the west, they will also repeat it a few times thru to Sunday...

valkorum

Quote from: Marcz on July 21, 2011, 11:53:07 AM
no worries ;)

i think 7:30pm eastern :-\ u would have to search ur tv guide/planner being in the west, they will also repeat it a few times thru to Sunday...

Thats ok - I am home at 5.30wst so I might put it on

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: valkorum on July 21, 2011, 12:23:06 PM
Quote from: Marcz on July 21, 2011, 11:53:07 AM
no worries ;)

Thats ok - I am home at 5.30wst so I might put it on
just saw that they replay at 1:30 am tonight/tomorrow morning aswell in case u miss it ;)

valkorum

Quote from: Marcz on July 21, 2011, 02:53:37 PM
just saw that they replay at 1:30 am tonight/tomorrow morning aswell in case u miss it ;)

I wont be up then - prob passed out on the lounge :P

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: valkorum on July 21, 2011, 03:50:20 PM

that 1:30 is SA time so 11:30ish tonight ur time ;)

ive got a recliner im known to lose conscience in :P

valkorum

Quote from: Marcz on July 21, 2011, 03:55:31 PM
Quote from: valkorum on July 21, 2011, 03:50:20 PM

that 1:30 is SA time so 11:30ish tonight ur time ;)

ive got a recliner im known to lose conscience in :P

1.30am SA is midnight my time. 

(1.5 hours to SA)
(2 hours to east coast)