Xavier Ellis

Started by Polar, July 19, 2011, 09:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polar

Hi all,

Just a quick one. Assuming he's named, is it worth jumping on Ellis as a replacement for shaw??

My defenders are: Gibbs; Lids; Goddard; Fisher; SHAW; Heppell; Puopolo (Jacobs; McKernan; Toy)

I have 90k and 3 trades...

My theory is:
- For the three full games he's played this year he's averaged 90+;
- I want more hawks because of their reasonable run home (include GC in he final round); and
- Birchall and Suckling have underperformed with Ellis in the side (averaging 70s).

Thoughts???

Fireballz

Quote from: Polar on July 19, 2011, 09:15:38 PM
Hi all,

Just a quick one. Assuming he's named, is it worth jumping on Ellis as a replacement for shaw??

My defenders are: Gibbs; Lids; Goddard; Fisher; SHAW; Heppell; Puopolo (Jacobs; McKernan; Toy)

My theory is:
-For the three full games he's played this year he's averaged 90+ ;
- I want more hawks because of their reasonable run home (include GC in he final round); and
- Birchall and Suckling have underperformed with Ellis in the side (averaging 70s).

Thoughts???
I think that's your answer there. He is no guarantee to play out the season by any stretch. Get Suckling!

Capper

Quote from: Fireballz on July 19, 2011, 09:25:11 PM
Quote from: Polar on July 19, 2011, 09:15:38 PM
Hi all,

My theory is:
-For the three full games he's played this year he's averaged 90+ ;

Thoughts???
I think that's your answer there. He is no guarantee to play out the season by any stretch. Get Suckling!

yeh either Enright, Suckling, Birchall or Broughton

Holz

if he has a full preaseason than he will be a smookie in my team next year. i wouldnt pick him up this year but the risk could pay off huge as he has the potential to score in the top 5 for the backman for the rest of the year.

bundyboy

will he finish this year with limited enough games to get a discount for next year ??  hope so as he is definately on the radar for next year.. ;)

Holz

Quote from: bundyboy on July 20, 2011, 12:12:01 AM
will he finish this year with limited enough games to get a discount for next year ??  hope so as he is definately on the radar for next year.. ;)

if he plays every game than he will not get a discount if they keep the discounts the same. He needs to miss atleast 2 for any discount.

bundyboy

don't see him missing ....   bugger  ...

JBs-Hawks

Might struggle for js when Bruce and Lewis gets back. Been playing Lewis' role last two games

BGK

Quote from: Holzman on July 19, 2011, 11:58:33 PM
if he has a full preaseason than he will be a smookie in my team next year. i wouldnt pick him up this year but the risk could pay off huge as he has the potential to score in the top 5 for the backman for the rest of the year.

I've had the same thoughts Holz. Could be a very good pick, next year.

Holz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on July 20, 2011, 01:56:43 PM
Might struggle for js when Bruce and Lewis gets back. Been playing Lewis' role last two games

Bruce is another guy on my 2012 list

BGK

Quote from: Holzman on July 20, 2011, 04:15:25 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on July 20, 2011, 01:56:43 PM

Bruce is another guy on my 2012 list

Didn't Bruce only get a one year contract? He would really need to show something to get another one. Either way he is toobold for me.