prosp wtf why did you move my thread?

Started by fever, July 19, 2011, 07:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fever

all good ossie. it wasnt a groundbreaking thread anyway, and charlie gave me a good reply, i just thought someone else might think of something i'd never considered. the traffic in here compared to the other SC topics is obv way higher.

j959

i think it has to be that way ... once you post your whole team it becomes a "rate my team" thread IMO.

if i see a whole team posted in "players and trades" I don't bother reading any further until it gets moved to "rate my team" but that's just me ...  ;)

I reckon if you start in "players and threads' without posting your whole team but then someone asks you what the rest of your team is, you could then put a link to a thread for your team from the "rate my team" section = problem solvered.

fever

disagree. the best way to get good advice is to provide all relevant information. a lot of trade questions come down to team balance and/or priorities and the best way to provide info is your whole team/#of trades/cash/league or overall.

if someone posts their whole team then asks "should i upgrade X to a prem Y in my mids?" then yeah move it cos it's not relevant, but most times it is.

ossie85

But if you're asking about a player with specific reference to your own team, then surely you are asking about how to improve your own team specifcally? Where other trades can be of a more broad sense "i.e. is John Smith ready to trade out? Should I bring Joe Blog in now, or next week" etc.

This thread was originally just for 'Players', before it was expanded to trades also.

j959

Quote from: fever on July 20, 2011, 11:37:47 AM
disagree. the best way to get good advice is to provide all relevant information. a lot of trade questions come down to team balance and/or priorities and the best way to provide info is your whole team/#of trades/cash/league or overall.

if someone posts their whole team then asks "should i upgrade X to a prem Y in my mids?" then yeah move it cos it's not relevant, but most times it is.
i don't disagree with the 'all relevant info' thing but as I posted, you can provide a link to your team so those that are interested from a 'rate my team' perspective can go look at that and give you an opinion, and those interested from purely the 'player and trades' perspective can give an opinion from that side of things.

cortez

I think the main offender here is Charliesheen. Every post you put up he asks for your whole team. Therefore people arm just putting up there teams even tho they shouldn't

Ringo

love the suggestion that we post team link to avoid confusion.  That way if advice being sought and we wanted to see total team prior to giving we could look in the link. maybe even put that in the rules guys.
The one problem I see with it though is we would need to keep teams updated so link refers to current team.

cortez

Maybe just say your supercoach name and rank then people can just go on the supercoach site, search you and see your team that way. Then you won't need to update it all the time?

fever

is it that big of a deal if someone posts their team? so long as they're asking about a player/s or trade/s then just let them be. if it's vague or general help they want then cart it.

demon_spud

I think if you just ask what is a good trade to start with, naming a few people, and then someone comes a long and says "post your whole team" then it shouldn't be moved.

It wasn't your intention to begin with, you were just after a trade advice. 

This rule is a bit harsh, kind of like your mom betting on your first goal.

hawk_88

Given that we are new mods, we are currently following the previous rules pretty closely. However, we are in the process of working up a new set of guidelines, so any feedback or thoughts you have regarding the current breakdown of sections on the forum or anything else for that matter, please feel free to post them in the feedback section.

charliesheen

Quote from: cortez on July 20, 2011, 12:37:56 PM
I think the main offender here is Charliesheen. Every post you put up he asks for your whole team. Therefore people arm just putting up there teams even tho they shouldn't

8)

roo boys!

Quote from: charliesheen on July 20, 2011, 07:29:18 PM
Quote from: cortez on July 20, 2011, 12:37:56 PM

8)

LOL ;D

cortez

Thought you'd have a laugh at that lol