stefan martin, sam fisher or grant birchall

Started by azzacooney, July 19, 2011, 02:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azzacooney

im having trouble trying to work out who im gonna pick up this week in replace of heath shaw.

martin has an easy run home against all the bottom sides and now that hes consolidated his spot in the side as a mobile 2nd ruckman to jamar he has been getting massive scores every single week.

sam fisher has been down on his scores lately due to tags and close attention but is 20kish cheaper then martin

birchall has had a solid year but im abit worried that he may start copping closer attention from opponents to stop his run and drive from the half back line

any comments and feedback would be great!

Blueboys

maccar86

i have fisher in my team, pretty consistant 80-100's most weeks, but he can get tagged out of games. ive seen a few scores 60 and below this year.

stefan martin is a good unique, not sure how consistant he has been though i know he has scored a few big 100s. big risk but probably has the biggest reward of the 3 choices.

birchall has the potential to score big with his run and carry and hawthorne love to chip the ball around. if he spends time through the midfield he may cop a tag and his scores might suffer.

my choice of the 3 would be martin purely for the easy run and the biggest scoring potential of the 3

thoughts?

azzacooney

yeah im really thinking martin, he is capable of big scores and has been scoring huge numbers lately. definitely thinking him to be my number 1 choice at the moment!

thanks guys

-Hector-

In the same boat, although I already have Birchall. So for me, it's between Martin and Fisher, unless there is another option? Currently, and this is from memory so forgive me if I miss one out.

Backs: Gibbs, Deledio, Birchall, Lower, Broughton, Duffield, (Puopolo, Jacobs, Shaw)

This week is not on the cards - only one downgrade this week will be Shaw to Talia. And then next week when Fisher drops I was going to pounce. Anyone know what B/e Martin has? My thoughts are he will probably go up/ stay the same given his solid scoring of late.

footy4life

Martins run home is: Hawthorn, Geelong, Carlton, West Coast, Richmond, Gold Coast and Port

It's only an easy run after the first four.

azzacooney

dt finals time its an easy run, i might hold off getting martin and see what scores he produces against geelong and carlton. if he doesnt do too well then i can get fisher as he will be cheaper in price after this week

Capper

I already have martin and am thinking of getting Birchall as i already have Goddard as my saint in the backs

azzacooney

@tabs

have u thought about suckling at all or do u want birchall over him?

Windigo

Birchall over suckling. Just my preference.  :P

Capper

Quote from: azzacooney on July 19, 2011, 06:36:20 PM
@tabs

have u thought about suckling at all or do u want birchall over him?

Quote from: Windigo on July 19, 2011, 06:51:26 PM
Birchall over suckling. Just my preference.  :P

I rate Birchall over suckling, just as consistant as suckling but when he goes off (and he will against roos, port and suns) he scores big

TheBeatles

-Hector-

Quote from: tabs on July 19, 2011, 06:33:28 PM
I already have martin and am thinking of getting Birchall as i already have Goddard as my saint in the backs

Tabs I assume you consider it a risk to have Fisher and Goddard in the backs? Don't have any DPP mids that I can swap with God, but do you really consider it likely that they would get rested in the same week? I only ask as I'm considering bringing in Fisher which would leave me exposed if this event does occur.

Capper

Quote from: -Hector- on July 19, 2011, 08:28:59 PM

Tabs I assume you consider it a risk to have Fisher and Goddard in the backs? Don't have any DPP mids that I can swap with God, but do you really consider it likely that they would get rested in the same week? I only ask as I'm considering bringing in Fisher which would leave me exposed if this event does occur.

yeh mate i do. Dont think the way St kilda started the season that they will be resting players or doing anything to change the way they are playing. I prefer Birchall as it spreads my players over more teams and hawks are going ok at the moment

-Hector-

Quote from: tabs on July 19, 2011, 10:30:35 PM
Quote from: -Hector- on July 19, 2011, 08:28:59 PM

yeh mate i do. Dont think the way St kilda started the season that they will be resting players or doing anything to change the way they are playing. I prefer Birchall as it spreads my players over more teams and hawks are going ok at the moment

Fair enough. I'm now thinking I'll definitely leave Fisher until next week. Only got 5 trades left, but going to have to toss up between a downgrade to either Callinan or Talia and then an upgrade in the forward line.

Thinking as the upgrade either Dahlhaus, Mzungu or T Lynch to Brennan, Cloke, or Fyfe. Thinking against Fyfe as Dockers have some tough games coming up, particularly against West Coast  ;) A game which I am attending might I add.

Mzungu seems to have hit a flat spot of sorts, but he's pretty solid cover, as oppose to Dahlhaus, who I think will be there the rest of the season for the bullies. Or maybe keep both of them and get rid of Lynch who struggles for one reason or another. Previously my thoughts were simply that GCS were simply copping a few hard losses so the ball wasn't getting to the forward line, but he's since had a pathetic score in a win, so that counts that out. Anyone shed some light on these players and help me out with a decision on the trade?

Making these two trades will leave with with 3 left plus the Fisher trade next week should be a straight swap for Shaw given he could be a straight swap now and has a B/E of 136 or something. However the only player with a finals bye in my side is Gibbs, something else to think about.