Yay or nay to crazy trade!

Started by LaHug, July 19, 2011, 02:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Read first then choose an option.

Go ahead and make that first trade!
1 (16.7%)
How about you do that other option, it looks swell!
2 (33.3%)
Hahahahahaha no.
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 0

LaHug

I HAVE RESET THE POLL AFTER ADDING A NEW OPTION. PLEASE VOTE AGAIN!

I can downgrade/upgrade Bewick and I. Smith to Callinan and Montagna.
This would leave me with a full team and EXCELLENT cover in each position (Adcock, Stanley or Heppell in def, Montagna in mids, Z. Smith in rucks/forwards with Petrie swap).
I have 4 trades left and $100 in the bank and this would leave me with 2 and $80k.

Thoughts? Do you need to see my entire team?

EDIT!!!!!! OPTION TWO:
I can downgrade/upgrade I. Smith and Howe to Callinan and ANY DPP FOR/MID under $389,100.
That'd give me premium cover in mids and forwards and would also mean I'm a lot better off for the North Melbourne bye (with Harvey and Petrie out).
Options for DPP are Fyfe, ROK, Brennan, Petterd (although ROK has a bye left).

Note: I wouldn't have to make the upgrade this week and could wait for B/Es and what not to be perfect for the most cash left.

LaHug

Actually, on second thoughts, I only need cover for the Bulldogs and Geelong byes. Probably not worth the trades......

Still, I think it's an interesting option that lots of people have been thinking about so why not leave this thread here and have a lively discussion!

maccar86

i have 7 trades and 130k in the bank with a full team so im going mzungu to montagna with one trade this week only because i have boyd, a swallow, murphy and bartel, 3 of which are out during finals byes so for me its a good trade.

to leave yourself with 2 trades going into finals is a stretch. if "general soreness" or "resting" hits during finals you may need more than 2 trades. it might cost you a win if you cant afford to sideways trade and have to start a rookie

LaHug

Quote from: maccar86 on July 19, 2011, 02:29:07 PM
i have 7 trades and 130k in the bank with a full team so im going mzungu to montagna with one trade this week only because i have boyd, a swallow, murphy and bartel, 3 of which are out during finals byes so for me its a good trade.
Would you lose your DPP link if you traded out Mzungu? That'd be the only reason I wouldn't do your trade.

to leave yourself with 2 trades going into finals is a stretch. if "general soreness" or "resting" hits during finals you may need more than 2 trades. it might cost you a win if you cant afford to sideways trade and have to start a rookie
Yeah, I'm not going to do it. It was more of a passing thought rather than anything else.

-Hector-

Just a point of interest - anyone know why they bother to distinguish between "Rested" and "General Soreness". Is there a technical difference between the two, or is it just whatever they feel like writing at the time?

I'm surprised we haven't yet seen the whole of the Saints team out with siphillis. (apologies if I mispelt that, don't particularly want to Google it at work). Oooo low blow, I know!

Zarts

I thought when they get rested they usually just identify it as general soreness? Maybe there's some rule where you can't give players a week off without a reason :P

-Hector-

Quote from: Zarts on July 19, 2011, 05:29:07 PM
I thought when they get rested they usually just identify it as general soreness? Maybe there's some rule where you can't give players a week off without a reason :P

I've seen both though. But maybe I've seen 'Rested' in the paper and 'General Soreness' as the official reason on the AFL website or something.

Capper

i dont understand why everyone is jumping on Montagna this week. I wouldnt touch him

Windigo

I really don't understand the concept having a gun mid be your EMG. That's like 100 points a week on the bench. That being said your top 6 HOPEFULLY score tons also.

But then each week you'll be stressing on who to bench & who to play. Then when Montags scores 120+ & let's say Boyd gets an 80. You'd be saying; "I could have had Montags over Boyd & scored blah blah." Simply you didn't & I really don't like the idea.

Fireballz

Quote from: Windigo on July 19, 2011, 08:00:15 PM
I really don't understand the concept having a gun mid be your EMG. That's like 100 points a week on the bench. That being said your top 6 HOPEFULLY score tons also.

But then each week you'll be stressing on who to bench & who to play. Then when Montags scores 120+ & let's say Boyd gets an 80. You'd be saying; "I could have had Montags over Boyd & scored blah blah." Simply you didn't & I really don't like the idea.
If you have other holes in def or fwd to fill then your focus should be on them, but if you're happy with your team then you have to spend the money on something! Plenty of gun midfielders still have byes to come so for those with Boyd, A.Swallow, Selwood, M.Murphy, it makes a lot of sense. Personally I have tried to avoid that scenario so won't be getting a gun mid to warm my bench...

The F.A.R.K.

i just saw the hell no you crazy button and i had to click it. sorry... those trades are good

LaHug

I really don't think I'll do it............. Can't see much good coming out of only having two trades left.

Capper

Quote from: Windigo on July 19, 2011, 08:00:15 PM

too much money on the bench,

maccar86

tabs and windigo are missing the point.

say your midfield is boyd, selwood, swan, ablett, murphy and a.swallow (montagna, mzungu, callinan)

thats 1 bye leading into finals and 3 byes during finals and that midfield wouldnt be very uncommon.

youd get the play montagna 4 times instead of mzungu and callinan for times, the difference between 4 60 scores and for 100 scores is 160 overall points, which is massive and could be what wins you a game in finals.

not to mention the maybe having to sideways trade swallow, murphy and selwood because you cant afford that rookie which is 3 trades instead of the 1 to get montagna. its an extremely viable idea that i think you have totally missed.

azzacooney

i think it really comes down to how many games montagna will actually play, like how many of your 6 starting mids will b unnavailable due to byes. need to look at that! if its games during dt finals then i say go for montagna, u would rather him as cover then a rookie who gets 50-60. then if an injury occurs or someone gets rested leading into finals u have montagna. i think its a good idea and im thinking of doing a similiar thing in my team although i already have montagna in my starting midfield.