Main Menu

Footy/Sport Routines?

Started by Cookie Monster, July 18, 2011, 10:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookie Monster

Well Tom Hafey actually came to our club tonight, and he showed us that video, he asks: How many of you use this to prepare for a match? I only put my hand up, How many from now will use it for preperations? about 8 people put their hand up :)

roo boys!

Don't really have a special routine before a footy match, for school footy on Saturday the bus leaves as early as 7:00 sometimes so I wake up at 6:55 and throw my footy gear on as I run out the door :P

For club on Sunday, I usually wake up at about 8:00, go have some breakfast (usually Weet-Bix but if we have Nutri Grain then I get stuck into that ;)) and then mope around for a couple hours, usually go on FF for a while and check my SC match-ups, and count how many players I have playing in each Sunday game. Then lay my North Melbourne gear out on my bed if they are playing in the twilight game so I can come home and get changed into it and go straight away. Then I usually get changed into my footy gear and walk around the house with my footy for a while before we leave.

When I get to the ground I usually have a kick with mates and do some fun kicks, eg setting up a garbage bin behind the cricket nets and kicking it over the nets and into the bin or stuff like that.

For cricket, I usually bat number 3 and sometimes 4 (for school) so I normally put pads, box and maybe thigh pad on when our innings is about to start, get some throwdowns and then put my gloves and helmet on as I walk out to bat. Keeps me relaxed. In a way :P

bomberboy0618

Very interesting, looking to play cricket for a club, been wanting to for ages but I'm lazy ;)
Can imagine I'll be a nervous wreck waiting to bat, if my past experiences with sport is anything to go by.
When I played soccer, I woke up, whinged about being tired, got to the ground and prepared, never was one for routines.

elephants

I bat four for cricket everyweek so I only get half set (leave off my gloves/thighpad/helmet) and once the first wicket falls I get really set with throwdowns and the such.
Do it BB it's great stuff.

bomberboy0618

Yeah just need to find a club that plays Sunday's and trains mondays or Tuesday's as I have other commitments Wednesday Friday and saturday, and Thursday is my do sfa day.

Cicjose

when i play indoor i don't need a helmet or protector just batting gloves and my bat :P

CrowsFan

Quote from: roo boys! on July 19, 2011, 09:32:00 PM
For cricket, I usually bat number 3 and sometimes 4 (for school) so I normally put pads, box and maybe thigh pad on when our innings is about to start, get some throwdowns and then put my gloves and helmet on as I walk out to bat. Keeps me relaxed. In a way :P
I never wore a thighpad when I played cricket. I just found it too uncomfortable and restricting. I opened the batting and figured I was good enough not to get hit there, and only ever got hit there once. Didn't really hurt either so just confirmed my way of not wearing one :)

Holz

im very interested to see if people stretch before or after a game or both. When i wake up on time i like to go for a 5-10 minute jog before a game and do minimal stretching than i strecth after the game. I was told that stretching afterwords was more important than before. Both my AFL and my Soccer teams we stretched before the game and than did nothing afterwards. I always go for a jog after my game and i recommend it to everyone, the worst injury i have ever got is a corking and i have never got a cramp in a game so whatever im doing is working.

Zarts

I stretched pre game, and used to do some stretching post-game as well.

When I was playing I had I think a sprained ankle once, and then ripped my knee cartlidge- not that stretching could have prevented that :P

elephants

Haha see the injury thread for my injuries ;)

Holz

Quote from: elephants on July 20, 2011, 12:19:58 AM

maybee i should just do the opposite of what you do for your routine. Im happy i play tennis no injuries for me.

elephants

Quote from: Holzman on July 20, 2011, 12:58:02 AM

maybee i should just do the opposite of what you do for your routine. Im happy i play tennis no injuries for me.
My mate has fractures in his back from his dodgy serving technique...?

Holz

Quote from: elephants on July 20, 2011, 03:48:56 AM

i have heard of stuff like that hapening i changed my serve but my back started hurting so i went back to my old serve. I nearly injured myself in tennis when i served and i hit me knee on the folow through.

roo boys!

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 19, 2011, 10:49:12 PM
Quote from: roo boys! on July 19, 2011, 09:32:00 PM
I never wore a thighpad when I played cricket. I just found it too uncomfortable and restricting. I opened the batting and figured I was good enough not to get hit there, and only ever got hit there once. Didn't really hurt either so just confirmed my way of not wearing one :)
Yeah I wear it for rep cricket and stuff like that because everyone is doing it and the bowlers are kinda faster :P

But for school/club I usually don't wear it. Especially on hot days!

elephants

Quote from: Holzman on July 20, 2011, 04:12:11 AM
Quote from: elephants on July 20, 2011, 03:48:56 AM

i have heard of stuff like that hapening i changed my serve but my back started hurting so i went back to my old serve. I nearly injured myself in tennis when i served and i hit me knee on the folow through.
I played against a kid who injured himself by throwing his racket and have it bounce up and knock his tooth out hahah, funny stuff it really is.