Main Menu

Footy/Sport Routines?

Started by Cookie Monster, July 18, 2011, 10:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookie Monster

8-6 Suited

My ritual is simple. Wake up 3 hours before the game. Have a shower, shower and shave. I also then have a steak sandwich. Doesn't matter if I am playing in the 3rds and the match starts at 9am... Will get up at 6 and have that steak sandwich. I then get an ice Gel rub down by the missus of my legs and back. Then I go for a quick jog around the block a couple times and do a few suicides in the drive way.

Grab the basketball and dribble it a bit. Then grab the footy and practice some pick ups off the ground, some scoops. Do a couple sprints then go back inside, have a Gatorade orange (All I drink on game day until after its done then its Carlton Draught) and take another shower.

Relax until we leave knowing I have energy from the protein in the steak sandwich which is just starting to pump it out. On arrival at the ground I get ready and then go have a kick with the boys. 15 minutes before the start I take a couple no doz. Good stuff that. :P

Then have a smoke.

Then go get raped by 150points+

Maca24

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on July 19, 2011, 11:07:28 AM
My ritual is simple. Wake up 3 hours before the game. Have a shower, shower and shave. I also then have a steak sandwich. Doesn't matter if I am playing in the 3rds and the match starts at 9am... Will get up at 6 and have that steak sandwich. I then get an ice Gel rub down by the missus of my legs and back. Then I go for a quick jog around the block a couple times and do a few suicides in the drive way.

Grab the basketball and dribble it a bit. Then grab the footy and practice some pick ups off the ground, some scoops. Do a couple sprints then go back inside, have a Gatorade orange (All I drink on game day until after its done then its Carlton Draught) and take another shower.

Relax until we leave knowing I have energy from the protein in the steak sandwich which is just starting to pump it out. On arrival at the ground I get ready and then go have a kick with the boys. 15 minutes before the start I take a couple no doz. Good stuff that. :P

Then have a smoke.
Defeats the purpose of everything else you did  :P

Cookie Monster

Quote from: Maca24 on July 19, 2011, 11:09:18 AM
Quote from: 8-6 Suited on July 19, 2011, 11:07:28 AM

Then have a smoke.
Defeats the purpose of everything else you did  :P
i reckon :P

Cookie Monster

Quote from: Sid on July 19, 2011, 11:04:18 AM
'And if you wanna tell the world that your father has raised a son that's a little bit timid...Go and play tennis' LOL.

Yabbie as inspiring as ever CM - Very nice video.

i'm also setting up my room with sheets filled with inspirational quotes, that is one of them.

plus about 80 more from that video.

8-6 Suited

Just because I smoke doesn't mean I can't be fit. :P I have a smoke 15 minutes before the game, at half time and then continue as normal after it. :P

reesbr

That video is really inspirational CM. Great coaches. Legends

AFEV

Quote from: Cookie Monster on July 19, 2011, 11:29:36 AM
'And if you wanna tell the world that your father has raised a son that's a little bit timid...Go and play tennis' LOL.

i'm also setting up my room with sheets filled with inspirational quotes, that is one of them.

plus about 80 more from that video.
I already have quite a few pinned to the back wall...But the only one from a person involved with the AFL/VFL is this one from Yabbie -
'Footballers are like sausages... You can fry them, grill them, bake them... they're still sausages'

Holz

that's a bit hard on tennis, i have played AFL, Soccer, Basketball and Baseball and Tennis is just as hard if not harder than most of them. Playing a 3 hour match is both physically and mentally demanding ( abit like batting in cricket for that time).

AFEV

Quote from: Holzman on July 19, 2011, 04:42:54 PM

that's a bit hard on tennis, i have played AFL, Soccer, Basketball and Baseball and Tennis is just as hard if not harder than most of them. Playing a 3 hour match is both physically and mentally demanding ( abit like batting in cricket for that time).
3 hours at the crease isn't that long :x

valkorum

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on July 19, 2011, 11:40:04 AM
Just because I smoke doesn't mean I can't be fit. :P I have a smoke 15 minutes before the game, at half time and then continue as normal after it. :P

I had the same attitude when I smoked (admittedly I only quit in Feb this year).  It is only now that I am noticing the difference in fitness.

Holz

Quote from: Sid on July 19, 2011, 04:44:35 PM
Quote from: Holzman on July 19, 2011, 04:42:54 PM

3 hours at the crease isn't that long :x
Not saying it any tougher than cricket but 3 hours batting time where you only have yourself not a partner. Not trying to insult any sport as at decent level every sport is tough. I cop alot from my basketball friends about tennis being weak. But there are not many sports where you have to play for hours by yourself and have to close of a score. Where you have to win that last point to end the game.

Hawka

lol mine is dodgy for a 1pm game of footy on saturday (for home game)
wake up at 730-shower,breakfast,get stuff ready
845 short walk to someone elses house
9 leave for game
930 arrive at oval
10 watch under 12s play(maybe help out in a few areas like scoring)
1130 watch bit of under 14s
1215 go into the change rooms to get ready and pumped
1245 start jogging and warming up

Luigi197

Whatever I do, I MUST go to the toilet before i play sport and I MUST stretch as well :)
I also get hungry so i eat before or bring food. And water to stay hydrated.

elephants

I'm not sure I have a special routine but I do have a pair of small footy shorts with the eagle mascot on. I always wear them under my skins for footy, soccer and tennis.