Main Menu

Footy/Sport Routines?

Started by Cookie Monster, July 18, 2011, 10:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookie Monster

Post here your routine before a footy match or soccer or anything.

Here is mine for a 3:00 game

9:30 - Wake Up, Shower, Breakfast (yes an actual shower, no not the other version)

10:00 - Watch AFL Gameday to get me in a footy mood

11:00 - Watch the Sunday Footy Show, to stay in footy mood.

1:00 - Start listening to my pump up music to get motivated.

2:00 - Continue listening to music and getting to

2:55 - Watch this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR2Vu398p_E

post here your routines.

pyronerd

for a 12:00 round of golf

9:00 get up, shower, breakfast

11:15 head off to the golf course

11:30 warm up, practice putt etc.

12:00 bomb a drive down the middle and play :P

Holz

my routine fr a 1:00 pm tennis match.

12:00  get up
12:00- 12:25   checks out the DT scores for Saturday morning on fan footy while eating my breakfast
12;25-12:30 quick shower and put my tennis clothes on
12:50 arrive at the club put on sun screen
1:00 start my game

I always seem to start slowly and lose my first set most games, than come back and win the second set. I cant seem to work out why that happens.

c4v3m4n

The only routine I have before a game is to listen to a certain song (with headphones on) to pump me up.

That song is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYMdXqtnaI8

It might seem like an odd song choice, but the raw energy the song gives off really gets me psyched.

RiOtChEsS

wake up as late as possible, less time = less time to think about things keeps my head clear...

on the way to the oval a couple of songs to harness energy from and then dial it back with Bob Marley Soul Rebel right before heading in...

say gday to the team and then i dont talk much, shorts first right sock right boot left sock left boot then jumper everytime...

Zarts

wake up in the morning, go and have a nice long shower, then go and take an actual shower with water.

then go to the field, take a shower (in the bush, there's no toilet facilities)

then go take a shower on the opposing team.

But then I busted my knee- took too many shower :(

RiOtChEsS

;D i wasnt going to mention that but yeah around 4 times in the last 30 minutes before a game :-X

Maca24

I pull my socks up halfway, so they cover half of my calves. Thats my ritual  :P

AFEV

My ritual for when I'm playing cricket (opening ::)) is actually to bowl 2 overs.
Mostly to try and replicate training, helps ease the pressure :) First time I did it I knocked out my PB ;)

Maca24

Quote from: Sid on July 19, 2011, 10:12:32 AM
My ritual for when I'm playing cricket (opening ::)) is actually to bowl 2 overs.
Mostly to try and replicate training, helps ease the pressure :) First time I did it I knocked out my PB ;)
cricket is very mental, so i can understand that.
I get so much more nervous before playing cricket than footy.  ::)

AFEV

Quote from: Maca24 on July 19, 2011, 10:14:56 AM
Quote from: Sid on July 19, 2011, 10:12:32 AM
cricket is very mental, so i can understand that.
I get so much more nervous before playing cricket than footy.  ::)
Indeed it is.
The Don was quoted saying ' If I made a mistake I felt that nine times out of ten it was a physical mistake. I had tried to do something and did't get there in time, I was too slow or something like that. I am sure with a lot of players their mental attitude is terribly important, they imagine that there are difficulties that are not really there'

Tells me that Bradman felt his success was largely put down to his mental strength and that it is the downfall of many others. I read that before every innings as well :)

Maca24

yeh so true.
Im a terrible batter now. I belive I have the ability, but just cant concentrate long enough to build an innings.  ::)
Now im hopeless.

AFEV

I'm the opposite...Tend to start it off nice and slow, takes me an eternity to bring up the first 10-20 but if you let me get past 30 or 40 I'll generally go at a boundary an over until I retire :P

Cookie Monster

link has been updated, was on my ipod when i posted it, now you can watch it.

AFEV

'And if you wanna tell the world that your father has raised a son that's a little bit timid...Go and play tennis' LOL.

Yabbie as inspiring as ever CM - Very nice video.