Can he keep it up?

Started by footy4life, July 18, 2011, 06:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

footy4life

I have a very important league game this week and i need to make an upgrade in my backline which currently looks like:

Gibbs, Delidio, Goddard, Suckiling, Fisher, Stanley, Puopolo  -  Jacobs, Nicholson, Golby

I'm thinking of bringing in Stefan Martin who is averaging 98.5 from his last nine games and is priced at $356,400. I have 307k in the bank, Thoughts?

jvalles

Do it, if I had the cash I would straight swap Shaw to Martin, wanted him near the start of the year, but didn't go with my gut.

The Grundles

Oh how i love stefan martin! Brought him in at 145k when he was on the bubble as a replacement for ...whats the douche from Richmond called???...oh yeah ASSbury, and he has not let me down.  Best buy of the year and judging from his game on Sat, he is an integral part of the new Melbourne...get on board! ;D ;D  ;D

Davoo

got him last week. well i did do lower > martin but the next 4 games for melbourne are pretty tough...but im hoping he scores well

The Grundles

Quote from: Davoo on July 18, 2011, 07:19:58 PM
got him last week. well i did do lower > martin but the next 4 games for melbourne are pretty tough...but im hoping he scores well
ah, despite lowers score (he was always going to do well against the swans...they play his type of game) you can bet that martin will average better than lower thats for sure...his best scores have come against port, freo, saints and north however he plays his worst teams in carlton and gold coast in the run home...but both of those teams he faced before his new found scoring ability

browny_wce

best undervalued picks of the year:

Suckling
Sheils
Adcock - kinda
Martin
Fyfe
Petrie
8)

i had zero of this lot  :-\

Windigo

Got in Martin last week. Plays every where, he rucks, plays Fwd & gets back to help on defense.

I think he has license to run anywhere he likes.

I watched the game & I was watching out for number 34 & I saw him at the bottom of the screen running from half back>to fwd lines where he was in the play. Looks a good option.

Cicjose

Quote from: browny_wce on July 18, 2011, 08:06:12 PM

Suckling
Sheils
Adcock - kinda
Martin
Fyfe
Petrie
8)

x2

Windigo

Last year I had:

Suckling
Adcock
Fyfe

Also....WTF did Shiels come from!  >:(

Zarts

Shiels had pretty good NAB form. Should have read more into it :P

The Grundles

Quote from: Zarts on July 18, 2011, 08:43:47 PM
Shiels had pretty good NAB form. Should have read more into it :P

It was his starting price that put us all off i think...220kish...never that appealing at the start of the season as he falls neither at premium or rookie price

Zarts

I had him, suckling and fyfe all on my mid pricer list, but ended up going none of them :(

The Grundles

Quote from: Zarts on July 18, 2011, 09:11:41 PM
I had him, suckling and fyfe all on my mid pricer list, but ended up going none of them :(

sucks doesn't it...thats what sets us apart from the car frontrunners :P

Wes Mantooth

theres plenty of mid pricers who don't make it.

i swapped shaw with martin and was happy with the result.

LaHug

Quote from: browny_wce on July 18, 2011, 08:06:12 PM

Suckling
Sheils
Adcock - kinda
Martin
Fyfe
Petrie
8)

Adcock does not deserve to be on this list. He's cheaper now than he was at the start of the year, missed games with injury but has stuck around so that it's too hard to get rid of him. Now he's so cheap it's not worth the trade. Real big disappointment in my books. Only had Petrie as another on that list.