IMO final upgrades

Started by Cicjose, July 18, 2011, 01:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

just need to upgrade one defender.....

6 trades left now

Money is an issue $6000 in my kitty

i could downgrade puopolo or pederson to michael ross for the cash grab and get suckling that way.......

Andrew

Great plan, great team. Wait at least 2 weeks to make those upgrades though because Smith & Pedersen are killing it currently.

Cicjose

crap i have just worked out i need to use at least 3 trades by the time Geelong has their bye and if i  do those upgrades it will leave me with 1 trade...

oh well i will sort that out when i get to that

Andrew

Quote from: Cicjose on July 18, 2011, 02:16:14 PM
crap i have just worked out i need to use at least 3 trades by the time Geelong has their bye and if i  do those upgrades it will leave me with 1 trade...

oh well i will sort that out when i get to that

Maybe Geelong players are worth trading out come end of season due to Round 24 bye, but they'll want to put on a good show against Collingwood and have been preparing for finals seemingly since a month into the season. So I wouldn't be of the view you have to trade all 3 out but for the round of their bye certainly 1 has to go. Probably Enright he's just so inconsistent.

TheBeatles

looking at that team you will win first final (asumming you are top 4) and have bye second week of finals - no need to trade any geelong players ;)

Cicjose

im only in 6th and 9th spots in my league atm so yeah won't have a bye during geelong's bye

So any other suggestions?

Andrew

Quote from: Cicjose on July 19, 2011, 01:38:20 AM
im only in 6th and 9th spots in my league atm so yeah won't have a bye during geelong's bye

So any other suggestions?

Are you planning on ditching all 3 Geelong players?

Cicjose

not if i can help it in theory i should keep enright because i have puopolo that can cover for the week he is out and get premiums in place of Chapman and Johnson

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/119099/default.aspx

The last paragraph from Doc DT is scaring me into a trade

Dr Dream Team: The projecter thinks that Cox will only score 102 this week, but he has scored more than 90 in each of his games eight games at Patersons Stadium this year. He has also averaged 85 against Freo in 14 games, a handy record.

If you're looking for a captain choice it would seem the Hawks are leading the way with Hawthorn duo Matt Suckling and Liam Shiels predicted to score 139 and 138 points respectively. That must make you happy?

Suckling out of hawks team helps sort of.....

AS ISAAC SMITH WAS THE SUB this weekend should he come out of my team now?

if i trade out puopolo / pederson for suckling my scoring averages per player jump from 69 / 72 to 95

if i trade out smith for fyfe my scoring averages per player jump from 76 to 99

going by that logic i should trade puopolo or pederson out for suckling

is that a smart move?

then trade out smith next week?

j959

I would say that Porps has peaked Cic - BE this wk is 87 with a 69 avg (Freako is my source).

but also it looks like Smith's sub affected score for rd18 has done the same to him - BE 106, avg 76 (Freako).

Suckling has BE 141, avg 95
Fyfe BE 105, avg 95

i think it's saying trade Smith to Fyfey mate??!?   ???

Cicjose

thx a million j

pederson's BE according to freako is 39 which i find really low....

but what do i do with the back line this week do i leave it?

considering suckling will have to wait.....

fyfe seems to be the way to go

j959

i think you can wait for Suckers mate.

it will also give you a chance to see what all the fuss was about regarding his supposed back inj - maybe they did just rest him?? but at any rate this w/end you'll no doubt watch the game and get a look see?  ;)

Cicjose

yep saturday night against the hawks 8)

so im going to go smith to fyfe

(worked sort of)

suckling's scores have gone into freefall over the last month

im seriously considering someone else for the last back upgrade?

any suggestions?

j959

tough one ... i'm still pondering myself, though Fisher is my target at this stage but cash might be an issue (unless I off-load Heppell but i'm loathe to do that unless i make a league GF! yeah, i'm an eternal optimist  ;)).

nice to see Dr Dream Team agree with me Cic!  ;)
look, i read his stuff and it gives me ideas and things to consider so I don't mean to hate on him that much, but it showers me to tears how he keeps talking himself up as a chance to win the overall and that he thinks he's the shower when he's ranked around the 10k mark ...  it's just sad.  :(

Cicjose

my overall is crap but i have had 1 or 2 really good rounds......

just want to get good scores for the rest of the year

PowerBug