Is this wise?

Started by dcmagadia21, July 18, 2011, 01:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcmagadia21

On Round 16, I traded out Lower for Shaw  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( And now Shaw gets suspended and Lower smashes the Swans. Great  >:( And this weekend, Selwood disappoints and now has a massive BE. With 3 trades left, I was thinking:

Selwood ---> Montagna

Shaw ----> Suckling

Is this wise?

glam77

value and break evens don't mean anything at this time of the year if the player is a keeper. Who cares if he drops or goes up at this stage... you have him for his scoring ability not his value.

Apart from the fact that montags has no byes remining, i cannot see any upside to this trade.
Selwood will likely come good, and there is no point trading him becasue his value is dropping. (He's not a cash cow is he?)
Save the trade.

Shaw trade... yeah, he's gotta go/

Andrew

Geez surprised you were willing to sell Lower in the first place with that amount of trades, but tough times dude only Heath Shaw can do this. I'd stick with Selwood but Suckling is a no brainer for Shaw. Good luck.

Cicjose

have you got trades left to trade out Johnson and Chapman for their finals bye

The F.A.R.K.

what does be matter. are you serious
selwood is a keeper so if he goes below 400k who cares coz he will still score youre team 100. why would you trade him out now. kept him for those 4 during suspension but now his be is high lets trade him ?????????????

nas

Quote from: The FARK Academy on July 19, 2011, 12:58:57 PM
selwood is a keeper so if he goes below 400k who cares coz he will still score youre team 100. why would you trade him out now. kept him for those 4 during suspension but now his be is high lets trade him ?????????????

In a nutshell >> 100% correct.^^

Fireballz

Quote from: naste on July 19, 2011, 01:02:51 PM

"Help! Help! I'm in a nutshell!"

But yes I will agree with everyone else who has said do that Shaw -> Suckling trade and keep Jelwood. He'll come good! If you need to trade out for finals byes then do it after round 21. You never know whether your 2 trades will be required to cover LT injuries before then!

LaHug

I agree with the price of keepers not mattering, but I'd like to bring up an interesting point.
Any keeper who has a final bye *might* need to be traded (keeping this broad, not specific to Selwood) and thus, their value actually matters to an extend. Just say you needed to trade out a Geelong player because you probably won't win your league game without a full team of mids. Is it not important that this player is still pricey enough for a straight swap to someone equally good?
All I'm saying is, if you were always intending on trading out a premium because of their finals bye, it might be best to do it before they start bleeding cash.

(Still, with the Selwood case, surely you'd have traded him when he got suspended if that was your plan)

maccar86

no it is not wise. shaw has to be traded but selwood to montagna is just burning a trade?

Capper

Quote from: Fireballz on July 19, 2011, 01:34:08 PM

But yes I will agree with everyone else who has said do that Shaw -> Suckling trade and keep Jelwood. He'll come good! If you need to trade out for finals byes then do it after round 21. You never know whether your 2 trades will be required to cover LT injuries before then!

+1, well said. Everyone knows you dont trade till friday

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: tabs on July 19, 2011, 06:55:17 PM
Quote from: Fireballz on July 19, 2011, 01:34:08 PM

+1, well said. Everyone knows you dont trade till friday

+ infinity
i hate when people say abletts got a high be or swans got a high be im going to trade him to save that 100k but the trade is worth more than 100k. i have 1 trade left and i just wish i hadnt made some silly trades during the year and it was 4 or 5 trades left

dcmagadia21

Cos here is my team:

DEF: Gibbs, Deledio, Goddard, Enright, Fisher, Heppell, Stanley --- Puopolo, SHAW, Adcock

MID: Boyd, Pendlebury, Swan, Thompson, Mitchell, Selwood --- Iles, Jacobs, Mzungu

RUC: Cox, Smith --- Lobbe, McCauley

FWD: Johnson, Fyfe, Goodes, Sylvia, Franklin, Riewoldt, Higgins --- Krakouer, Lynch, Howe

3 trades left and $2,800 in the bank

I have decided not to trade Selwood anymore cos you guys are right. Even though he will go down in price, he is still an outright gun so it's just a waste of a trade. For Shaw however  >:( I just got him the round before the last round so I'm not quite impressed. If I were to get rid of him for a gun (Suckling, Martin etc...) I would require and be forced to do a double trade because of the spare money I have (probably trade out Lynch for Talia or Callinan) and then go Shaw to gun back. What should I do?

The Grundles

DO NOT TRADE OUT JELWOOD!!

This move would be crazy!  Try downgrading one of your rookies to say calli or talia or even keefe...just dont get rid of selwood...especially if youve held onto him for this long.

He is truley unique now 8)

The F.A.R.K.

hold shaw one more week. you have cover for this week and suckling has a high be so if you wait one more you could swap shaw to suckling without a double trade. dont trade this week. start adcock on field as well he is back in form 21 touches on the weekend and brown out injured he should score better

dcmagadia21

Quote from: The FARK Academy on July 20, 2011, 04:23:48 PM
hold shaw one more week. you have cover for this week and suckling has a high be so if you wait one more you could swap shaw to suckling without a double trade. dont trade this week. start adcock on field as well he is back in form 21 touches on the weekend and brown out injured he should score better
but i can't afford suckling without a double trade because i only have $2,800 in the bank. so no matter what, i have to do a forced double trade  :(