last 2 upgrades.

Started by maccar86, July 18, 2011, 10:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maccar86

i have 7 trades left and 120k in the bank. i have one forward and one back upgrade to finish my team.

trouble is i have murphy, bartel and a.swallow in my midfield who have byes in finals.

the rest of my midfield is boyd, pendles and ablett.

im thinking of going mzungu straight to MONTAGNA and using monty as cover for murphy, swallow and bartel in finals leaving me with 6 trades.

ill double for last back upgrade - 4 trades

double for last forward upgrade - 2 trades.

then 2 trades left for injuries/sideways trade.

should i use the trade to get monty to cover midfield byes or just use one trade and do my final forward/back uprgade and leave myself 4 trades for sideways/injuries in finals?

Sleeken

I'm thinking of doing the same thing - bringing montagna in as cover.

I would go for it...unless you wanna spend 3 trades getting your mids out during finals.

maccar86

jvalles

What about finishing your forward line first and get in MPP players like Fyfe, Sylvia, Pav, ROK, Goodes, Petterd the list goes on...will help you to cover those mid byes if you get an extra forward premo.

maccar86

i have sylvia and pav already. ROK was my last fwd upgrade. not interested in pettard.

i just dont want joey to rise to a price where he is no longer a fallen premium.

Spite

I would get Montagna, great cover and you would end up saving trades in the long run and end with a better score. :)

azzacooney

i would seriously consider embley over montagna, embley has an easy run home against all the bottom sides and montagna will have a few tough games against sydney and collingwood where he wont score very high

maccar86

what about embley never averaging over 95 in season, never playing a full season in his career, the fact he is 50k more than montagna who is a proven DTer?

plugz19

Quote from: maccar86 on July 19, 2011, 06:58:15 AM
what about embley never averaging over 95 in season, never playing a full season in his career, the fact he is 50k more than montagna who is a proven DTer?
+1

glam77

i've already done the same thing with montagna.
covered me for the scott thompson bye 2 weeks ago and will cover me for geelong, carlton and bulldogs byes, plus any 'general soreness' leading into finals.

-Hector-

Quote from: maccar86 on July 19, 2011, 06:58:15 AM

Quote: 'Never say Never'. Who said it? Justin Beiber 2010.

I think that has some relevance here.